- Assist with daily processing and recording of check payments received. Perform account maintenance and post transactions in servicing system and Online Check Deposit, to include loan payments, payment adjustments, GL payment postings and agency recovery payments.
- Update monthly recoveries report, update account notes and reconcile remittance invoices for recoveries and commissions to appropriate GL. Responsible for recovery payment entries and maintenance of the recovery log.
- Work with the Account Servicing department on disputes; research and find resolution in a timely manner.
- Assist with the updating of funding reports to ensure control totals match what is being submitted through daily batch processing.
- Provide administrative support to Finance and Account Services departments to include assistance with department emails, simple and in-depth research, filing, faxing, copying, imaging, printing and mailing.
- Process and distribute department mail as needed.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of and compliance with all SunTrust departmental and security policies and procedures, as well as federal regulations applicable to the position, including Bank Secrecy Act requirements. Complete all required compliance training as assigned.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned and make recommendations to implement process improvements.
Education: High School Diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent is required.
Ten Key by touch.
A minimum of three years of administrative/accounting support, including financial services and data entry experience. Experience in MS Office with intermediate level of Excel.
Skills and Abilities: Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively within a team environment. Must have the ability to perform comprehensive and objective analysis, and possess excellent problem solving skills. Strong decision making, analytical and investigative abilities with attention to detail, accuracy and a self-starter.
Software: Microsoft Office including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf