The Human Resources Employee Relations Consultant is an HR professional who acts as a first responder to all internal employee relations issues, complaints and appeals. The incumbent consults with both managers and teammates in assigned business units and may do so by phone or in-person. The ER Consultant also will facilitate manager enablement sessions designed to raise HR acumen and participate in special projects as assigned. Competencies required for success in the role include:
• Investigative Skills: Adeptly collects and synthesizes information obtained through investigative research; conducts critical analysis of the facts; formulates logical and defensible conclusions and recommendations; adheres to established investigative protocols.
• Conflict Resolution: Effectively settles disputes through cooperative efforts. Defuses high-tension situations comfortably; identifies and addresses underlying or hidden problems/trends. Settles differences with minimum disruption; is both direct and diplomatic.
• HR Acumen: Demonstrates a thorough knowledge and understanding of state/federal employment laws as well as internal policies, procedures and practices; can effectively articulate the “why” behind strategies and recommendations.
• Organizational Agility: Understands how SunTrust works; knows how to accomplish objectives through formal/informal channels; understands the reasoning behind key policies, practices, procedures and organization initiatives; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; manages information effectively and responsibly.
• Empathy and Understanding: Puts others at ease; is sensitive to, and patient with, the anxieties of others; easily builds and maintains rapport and trust.
• Communication: Confidently communicates in a clear and succinct manner; articulates complex information in an understandable way; possesses style flexibility in communicating to varying audiences; stages and sequences information to ensure desired outcomes are achieved.
• Navigates Ambiguity: Effectively responds to changing situational dynamics and balances competing priorities; selects the most appropriate path using available information and resources; comfortably handles risk and uncertainty.
****Qualified Candidate must be located in one of the following states, and within reasonable distance of one of our bank offices and/or bank branches. GA, NC, FL, VA, MD or DC******QualificationsBasic Qualifications:
- Requires 7 or more years of progressively responsible and complex HR and ER experience to include policy interpretation, performance coaching, and client consulting regarding general HR initiatives.
- Proven experience in investigating and resolving difficult or complex employee relations issues.
- Participation in the implementation of HR (or business) initiatives, experience leading implementations or projects.
- Demonstrated experience acting independently to resolve complex issues in a consultative manner.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf