Finance Risk Manager
Proactively identifying changes in personnel, products, processes, policies, operating systems, accounting practices, organizational changes, regulatory requirements and business environment which may impact controls across Finance.
• From prior business/risk management experience and knowledge of best practices, evaluate processes for effectiveness of the control environment to provide reasonable assurance of accuracy and completeness. Discuss with process owners and management identified opportunities to strengthen the control environment or to improve operational efficiency.
• Drive communication between all affected parties to develop and implement appropriate controls for new processes, transactions, and products.
• Serve as a liaison between Finance Risk Management and LOB/functional areas to facilitate timely and accurate communication with other risk-focused parties, including Corporate Operational Risk Management, Model Risk Management, SOX Program Management, SunTrust Audit Services and External Auditors.
• Oversee the coordination of the required annual walkthroughs and operational testing. Perform the quality review of walkthrough results (including operational control testing). Discuss identified control deficiencies (whether design or effectiveness) with process owners/management and assist in the identification of remedial actions.
• Coordinate annual process risk assessments; review results with affected parties and ensure results are documented in the system of record.
• Assist SOX Program Management with the annual Sarbanes-Oxley compliance efforts. These activities include; ensure controls are appropriately documented, draft test scripts and work with Internal Audit to ensure the timely and efficient testing of key SOX controls.
• Perform other tasks and projects as assigned by the Finance Risk Director.
• Manage and mentor direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, or Accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 10 years progressive work related experience with demonstrated proficiency and understanding of operational risk.
- 4 years supervisory or management level experience.
- Sound leadership effectiveness and a strong ability to influence executives.
- Demonstrated experience with regulatory agencies, requirements, and/or regulatory compliance.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fluid environment, and to work both independently and as a team member.
- Demonstrated ability to access and analyze actual and emerging risks within medium complex Functions/LOB’s.
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Project management skills
- Strong writing and verbal skills
- Ability to work within a matrix organization
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf