Senior Fair Banking Consultant with responsibility for the implementation and administration of compliance programs designed to ensure compliance with Fair Banking Laws and Regulations. Ensures applicable laws and regulations are met by transactional testing and reviews of business units and related technologies and processes. Evaluates compliance adherence through analyzing data and reporting results, risks and trends to management. Reviews filings or reports to regulatory agencies. Depending on level, performs activities such as; administrative duties, review filings, revise, evaluate, and communicate procedures, analyze technology applications, and advise business units on applicable regulatory requirements and any necessary remediation. Performs Fair Lending risk assessments.
Designs and coordinates the development, preparation and the review of policies, procedures, and training materials to ensure business units meets and maintains compliance requirements. Provides compliance expertise for complex projects and initiatives with high risk. As an individual contributor, responsible for identifying and resolving issues and implementing result action plans to address deficiencies. Oversees administration portions of the program.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience
- 8 years’ experience in the combined field of compliance, risk and project management
- Demonstrates broad knowledge of legal and organizational matters and the ability to apply knowledge to issues of all levels of complexity
- Ability to organize, direct, performs highly complex analysis and interprets complex laws and regulations
- Advanced PC, communication, leadership, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Understanding of different technologies used in the financial service industry
- Understanding of and experience Fair Banking laws and regulations including the Fair Housing Act, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Community Reinvestment Act, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- 10 years compliance experience in banking or financial service industry and certifications relative to specific area of concentration
- Ability to interpret data/quantitative analysis, and develop business requirements to support Fair Banking compliance statistical analysis
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf