As a member of the Consumer Operational Risk Delivery team, the Operational Risk Officer will be responsible for execution of the Enterprise Risk Management policy and framework within the STIS (SunTrust Investment Services) business segment/function. The Operational Risk Officer will be expected to provide risk management subject matter expertise, leadership and guidance to ensure adequate mechanisms are in place to effectively identify, escalate, capture and mitigate risk to within approved tolerance levels.
The Operational Risk Officer will monitor designated business activities and risk metrics on an ongoing basis to ensure compliance with operational risk guidelines; Conduct regular risk and control assessments to ensure the function/LOB meets corporate standards related to internal operating controls; Provide thought leadership and expertise in risk management practices and subject matter knowledge; Assesses levels of adherence/execution and identifies risk/control improvements in areas with medium to high complexity; Make recommendations for updates to risk/performance metrics, policy, procedures and risk/control documentation, as appropriate; Assist business partners in developing practical solutions to implement operational controls and risk mitigation strategies; Identify opportunities for cross-segment solutions and collaborate across multiple areas to identify effective and practical controls and risk management techniques. Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Finance, or Accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• 7 years of work experience including audit, operations, process engineering or risk management
• Professional communications and presentation skills.
• Strong relationship management skills.
• Solid knowledge of risk management principles and internal controls with the ability to assess process and identify risk/control improvement opportunities.
• MBA or advance degree.
• Operational risk experience in the financial services industry (B/D knowledge is a plus)
• Consulting and / or Project management
• Visio process mapping skills
• Strong written/verbal presentation
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf