SunTrust Enterprise Security & Resiliency has an opportunity in the Client Security Management group focused on channel fraud (specifically online), related detection tools and processes, current and emerging authentication options, security tools, and client experience.
This position will focus on key authentication, client security and fraud prevention processes used in specific SunTrust lines of business or sub-lines and their associated business channels, including online, mobile, ATM, branch, IVR, and phone. Responsible for driving data-driven continuous improvement for clients and teammates with respect to authentication processes, including development of reporting and KPIs.
Additionally, position will work across all lines of business at SunTrust to develop, coordinate, and shepherd client security and authentication initiatives. Identifies emerging authentication, fraud prevention, and client security technologies in the financial industry and helps set direction regarding implementation, improvements, simplification, and discontinuance of specific technologies and processes. May direct or lead project teams, initiatives, and serve as a liaison with external or internal partners. May serve as team lead, training and coordinating the work of junior staff members.
This job is responsible for providing business process leadership and is directly responsible for designing, integrating, and leading continuous improvement regarding enterprise client security and fraud prevention. This role independently identifies new concepts and ideas, conducts analysis, and leads strategic planning sessions and projects to ensure SunTrust’s success.
Ensures effective business unit performance through analysis of systems and processes. Identifies issues and makes suggestions regarding standardization, improvements, simplification, discontinuance or other methods. Coordinates communications, reporting, and proposed changes among various locations and departments. May have responsibility for one or more of the following: vendor relationships or evaluation, reviewing and writing procedures, overseeing implementation or training.
- Recognized as an expert corporate consultant in multiple disciplines
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coach others
- Expert knowledge of the business unit and related industry
- Experience on project teams
- Experience managing a segment of the project work
- Demonstrated ability to achieve desired results
- Excels in problem-solving, partnership, communications, persuasion, and negotiation
- 5 + years progressive experience in IT Audit, Enterprise Information Security, and/or Banking Operations, including the following:
- Knowledge of Information Security industry standards/best practices
- Knowledge of banking regulations such as FFIEC and GLBA
- Information Technology General Control Processes
- Ability to evaluate information security and authentication related controls and identification of potential risk
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work on numerous projects/activities at the same time.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong presentation skills in order to address small or large groups of all levels of employees or management.
- Ability to effectively communicate with management and peers
- Familiarity with key laws and regulations that impact Financial Institutions such as SOX and GLB
- Strong facilitation skills
- Strong management skills
- Must be analytical and detailed oriented
- Must be self-motivated and professionally assertive
- Bachelors degree in related focus
- Certification in related focus (e.g., CISA, CIA, CISSP, CISM).
- Deep understanding of internet based technologies and services
- Background in the banking or financial services industry
- Experience with RSA, SilverTail, and other client security tools
- Familiar with the software development lifecycle, and basic scripting languages
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf