The SunTrust Enterprise Information Services (EIS) organization is dedicated to attracting, retaining and cultivating the next generation talent. We are seeking an individual to work in our Salesforce Center of Excellence (CoE) to stand up our quality engineering program. As our program matures, we are transforming to a more efficient and quality-focused organization and are looking for a new teammate who is a team player, passionate about cloud technology, and has a strong desire to push themselves and others to excellence. The Salesforce Quality Engineer will be responsible for assuring the delivery of high quality products and software services during the development phase of the software lifecycle. This position is responsible for working with analysts, developers, and architects within Enterprise Solutions to aid in the design and development phases to ensure high-quality deliverables are produced.
- Create Salesforce development processes and procedures to ensure that industry-standards are being adopted and followed during the design and build phases.
- Perform assessments of development artifacts to ensure quality – specifically looking at the attributes of optimization, security, reliability and performance.
- Establish a mechanism capturing and maintaining feedback documented during the quality feedback review cycle.
- Report metrics on quality engineering process and act on those metrics to improve process effectiveness, test execution, and product quality.
- Collaborate with development teams to help define software requirements, design and implementation to ensure testability, scalability, maintainability, and reliability.
- Assist in the refinement of how developers unit test their code and ensure proper coverage is being maintained.
- Occasional development responsibilities in situations where teammates need SME help with complex and difficult components. Development may also include non-project-based work for innovation where the individual will create Proof of Concepts and/or frameworks that can be used across the enterprise.
- Provide DevOps advice and coaching across the Salesforce ecosystem.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 10+ years of software development experience with the last 5+ focused exclusively in Salesforce.
- Hands on experience with Apex development, SOAP/REST API, well-versed in Service Oriented Architectures
- Credentials/Certifications:Administrator, Force.com Developer, Service Cloud Consultant, andSales Cloud Consultant
- Bring the following professional experience:
- Demonstrated proficiency in Salesforce/Apex development and best practices
- Familiarity with automation (release and testing) in an SaaS environment.
- Ability to work independently, raise issues and take corrective action.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical project team members.
- Demonstrated experience with one or more: software reliability, automated test maintenance, static analysis, or code coverage.
- Demonstrated ability to apply appropriate industry-standard processes and practices to prevent and detect defects throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize metrics and understand processes related to effective quality assurance and testing progress.
- Extensive experience with web and database application technologies, automated testing, frameworks and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to work across project teams to leverage existing knowledge, technologies and solutions.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf