Consumer Operational Risk Officer: Serves as the risk management expert providing leadership and meaningful input to ensure risk data is captured, risk mitigation strategies and controls are developed, and appropriate reporting mechanisms are in place. Assures the Consumer Segment has adequate processes and procedures in place to effectively monitor and manage risk. Monitors Consumer Segment activities related to adherence with operational risk guidelines. Reviews documentation, performs testing and supports remediation efforts. Conducts risk and control assessments on a regular basis to ensure enterprise standards are met that specifically relate to internal operating controls.
Consumer Operational Risk Officer develop project plans, determine scope, lead projects, verify deliverables with stakeholders. Interpret results and present findings and recommendations. Individual contributor; may serve as mentor to other Risk Delivery teammates. Position reports to an Operational Risk Manager who is responsible for the Operational Risk Delivery of an aligned business area. Works under limited supervision; Uses latitude and independent judgment in interpreting policies and procedures. Business analysis requires knowledge of risk management principles and controls, broad-based business practices, and deep understanding of business processes, with the ability to assess levels of adherence/execution and identify risk/control improvement opportunities. Provides management with recommendations and required remediation to correct deficiencies. Ability to foster relationships between peers, management, and LOB partners to ensure that common goals are met and that there is active collaboration between team members. Completes Process and Targeted reviews of increasing complexity. Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, or Accounting, or an equivalent that includes a combination of education and work experience.
• Seven years of work experience in all or any areas of Fiduciary, Institutional Trust, Investment Management and Operations including Audit, Process Engineering
• Knowledge of SOX and other industry-related regulatory requirements, and operational risk concepts.
• Professional communications and presentation skills.
• Strong relationship management skills.
• Demonstrated leadership or management skills.
• Solid knowledge of Risk Management principles and controls, broad-based business practices, and deep understanding of segment/function business processes, with the ability to assess levels of adherence/execution and identify risk/control improvement opportunities.
• MBA or advance degree
• Consulting experience at a corporate level
• Experience in the financial services industry
• Project management skills
• Strong writing and verbal skills
• Ability to work within a matrix organization
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf