Assist Portfolio Manager with managing a commercial real estate portfolio comprising of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and FHA Healthcare and Multifamily properties. The candidate will be involved in monitoring credit and collateral risk of assigned loans while providing exceptional customer service to clients.
Responsibilities and Primary Activities:
- Monitor assigned portfolio to ensure compliance with Servicing Agreements, Lender Guidelines and Borrower loan documents.
- Monitor portfolio performance and report key performance indicators to Portfolio Manager.
- Monitor and administer loan covenants as identified in assigned portfolio loan documents, including, but not limited to, DSCR reviews, reserve account adjustments, call provisions, release provisions, earn outs, etc.
- Analyze and/or review annual and YTD property financial statements and occupancy reports.
- Review collateral property inspections performed by 3rd party vendors, including follow up with borrowers to remedy deferred maintenance and health/Safety items.
- Update Loan Servicing system and data in loan files as appropriate.
- Administer borrower requests including, but not limited to, assumptions, partial release, collateral exchange, modification, waivers, replacement reserve draws etc. in accordance with policies and procedures, and applicable loan documents and Lender Guidelines.
- Review payoff quotes, insurance loss claims and monitor Letter of Credit renewals to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures, applicable loan documents and Lender Guidelines.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or equivalent combination of education and work related experience
- Experience: 5 or more years of experience as a commercial relationship banker or with a commercial real estate team. Specific experience with tax credit investments. HCCP or equivalent certification
- Knowledge/skills: Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for purpose of recommending, presenting, and negotiating with both internal decision makers, (managers or credit officers) and with external clients/prospects and their representatives
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Work, PowerPoint)
- Basic knowledge of real estate loan underwriting principles and real estate property evaluation
- Education: Graduate of Commercial Training Program or equivalent experience in commercial sale or service
- Experience: 5 or more years experience with commercial credit analysis
- 2-3 years prior experience in a Commercial Credit /Asset Management/Surveillance role managing GSE/Agency loans.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf