Job DescriptionMaintains existing databases characterized by a high degree of complexity and may design and create new databases. Applies knowledge of best practices for relational databases to improve approach taken to database administration. Leads database development projects and advises management and users on new or optimal technologies or methods to improve the functionality and/or efficiency of the organization's databases. Performs data recovery, maintenance, data integrity activities and space allocation analysis to ensure compliance with standards and guidelines related to database management. Collaborates with technology/infrastructure staff to identify data relationships and functional requirements. Analyzes and resolves issues related to information flow and content. Maintains database support tools, database tables and dictionaries, recovery and backup procedures. May perform data modeling studies and develop detailed data models. Maintains data model and entity relationship diagrams. May perform minor upgrades to small relational databases and related products to ensure a stable production and development environment. Typically leads moderately complex projects and participates in larger, more complex initiatives. Solves complex technical and operational problems. Acts as a resource for teammates with less experience. May have people management responsibilities for a small team.Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in and 5 years of experience in database design or administration or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- In-depth knowledge in information systems and ability to identify, apply, and implement best practices.
- Understanding of key business processes and competitive strategies related to the IT function.
- Ability to plan and manage projects.
- Ability to solve complex problems by applying best practices.
- Ability to provide direction and mentor less experienced teammates.
- Ability to interpret and convey complex, difficult, or sensitive information.
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Banking or financial services experience.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of one or more of the following: Oracle, SQL, DB2-LUW.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf