The Treasury and Payments Technology (TPT) team works closely with Wholesale Treasury & Payments Solutions (T&PS) partners to tighten alignment and collaboration across EIS teams including Enterprise Digital and Transaction Operations Technology, as well as our Wholesale Operations teams. The Strategist role, as part of the TPT leadership team, collaborates with product stakeholders in T&PS to align business strategy with technology strategy and planning, developing an integrated product and technology roadmap for T&PS.
The Strategist works to develop an integrated view of the business, in the context of the technology framework of the enterprise. This role seeks to achieve alignment between strategic goals and key business decisions regarding products and services, partners and suppliers, enterprise capabilities and key business and technology initiatives. Responsibilities will include and are not limited to the following:
Be the technology partner to business stakeholders
- Accountable for setting the strategy for T&PS technology and aligning associated roadmaps and delivery plans.
- Collaborates with business leaders to translate business strategies and objectives, and identify business capability needs and prioritization.
- Conducts analyses to determine best path for solving business problems/product opportunities that may also include process improvement, systems enhancement, and/or software procurement.
- Functions as a liaison between internal business and technology partners in order to gain a broad understanding of industry trends, innovations, and their impact on technology.
- Engages with external industry experts, technology suppliers and market analysts to bring insight to the strategy and to keep SunTrust up to date with industry and market advancements/innovations.
- Identifies linkages across the enterprise, and engages appropriate stakeholders
Partner and collaborate across the technology organization
- Collaborates with architecture and delivery to develop overall direction and guidance and to define the technology strategy and architecture framework to effectively support business strategy.
- Engages with suppliers and FinTech firms to identify potential opportunities for collaboration; completes initial analysis and undertakes POCs in advance of full business case creation and
Subject matter expert and strategy consultant
- May act as business owner on enterprise payment solutions - proving oversight to segment solutions; identifying, understanding and mitigate operational risks including product health and client security, and providing transparency to stakeholders and partners
- Ensures solutions developed across the organization are aligned to enterprise technology standards and principles, leverage common solutions and services, and meet financial targets (cost and benefits).
- Aligns to accepted architecture tenets as new technology solutions are proposed, designed, and implemented.
- Provides T&PS technology strategy oversight on projects; ensures requirements are in alignment with business strategies and technology roadmap/framework.
- Collaborates with Corporate Strategy and T&PS Product Management and Strategy to ensure continuous alignment.
- Uses data driven insights to guide strategy development and decision making.
- Represents SunTrust on key treasury and payments technology industry groups (e.g., AFP, NACHA, Federal Reserve, etc.)
Accountability to shared goals and objectives
- Maps strategic goals to success criteria to drive accountability to the organization’s goals.
- Develops a broad and deep understanding of products, services and markets within area(s) of domain.
- Supports the organization-wide adoption of Agile methodologies, approaches and tools.
- Depth of understanding of corporate treasury and payments products and technology
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in financial services industry managing treasury and payments products or technology; with experience leading cross functional teams in treasury and payments-related product development
- Expertise in understanding and analyzing market and industry data
- Experience defining and delivering large-scale initiatives including requirements gathering, testing, communications and launch planning
- Experience in a large financial institution setting
Skills and Abilities
- Quantitative and analytical skills; ability to demonstrate benefit realization for treasury and payments technology initiatives
- Proven ability to use data analytics, research and testing methodologies to drive business decisions
- Adept at cutting through the clutter of information and focusing on what’s most important
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills; ability to present at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Comfortable with ambiguity, leading autonomously and making independent decisions
- Skilled relationship builder who can work seamlessly as part of a cross-functional team
- Ability to identify problems, analyze situations, make independent decisions and proactively develop recommendations
- Ability to think broadly across segments, functional areas and channels and to proactively reach out to appropriate contacts as needed
- A confident communicator who can articulate the strategic vision and gain alignment with other parts of the organization
- Demonstrated technical acumen and an ability to work with the technology organization to align product and technology roadmaps
- BS/BA (or equivalent experience)
- 10 years’ experience in financial services industry managing treasury and payments products or technology
- 5 years leading cross functional teams in treasury and payments-related product development
- Experience managing vendor relationships, including contract negotiation
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf