As part of the centralized Consumer Loan Sales Centers, the primary role is to provide communications, process support and problem resolution to branch staff or clients to ensure the loan closes in a timely manner and that clients receive all communication in a timely manner. Communicates terms and conditions to client and may negotiate within limits that have been determined in the underwriting process.
Loan Support staff is assigned to respond to branch staff who are assisting clients with loan processing questions/concerns. Secondary role is to assist clients directly as a ‘back-up’ Client Care Specialist.
Client Care positions are the primary contact with the client. Monitor pipeline and work with underwriters and support staff to ensure timely closings and communications with clients. Provide timely and effective communication and ensure that problems are resolved quickly and appropriately.
Is registered and maintains active, SunTrust sponsored registration in the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLSR) and has been assigned a unique identifier number in compliance with the federal S.A.F.E. Act requirements.
Loan Support Specialist is assigned to Branch support. Assists branch staff with questions regarding the lending process. Respond to client calls as a back-up to Client Care specialists. Handles questions regarding more complicated/larger loans and assists with more complex issues. May train, mentor, and assist in development of training materials.
Client Care Specialist is assigned as primary client contact. Communicates initial decision to clients, negotiates terms within limits set by underwriter and gains acceptance from client to close the deal. Monitors pipeline and resolves problems to ensure loan closes on time.
- High school degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced knowledge of consumer lending products and underwriting process.
- 4 years’ experience selling, approving or structuring consumer loans. Influencing, customer service, and problem solving skills.
- Communication skills and financial acumen typically acquired through attainment of an Undergraduate degree.
- Satisfies regulatory requirements for holding the positions, including determined by SunTrust to meet the qualification standards imposed by the Loan Originator Compensation rule of the Truth in Lending Act.
- College Degree in Finance or Business Administration.
- Experience with the delivery of consumer loan products through a centralized sales channel.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf