Receive training while waiting for a permanent Branch or In-Store location assignment. Provides clients with courteous and professional service within a Branch or In-Store environment. Completes assigned responsibilities according to established guidelines; complexity of duties performed varies by position. Ensures compliance with internal controls, operational procedures and risk management policies. Responsible for ensuring that all business transactions and practices in the individual’s span of control comply with all regulations and the SunTrust Code of Conduct. Pursue on-going education of SunTrust products, services, and other lines of business.
The Branch Manager has responsibility for management of the entire branch. Management responsibilities includes but is not limited to:Qualifications
Managing two or more FTEs, Conducting performance reviews, Interviewing and selection, Performance counseling, including making and recommending disciplinary action decisions, Cash handling transactions. Ultimately responsible for driving branch performance, direction, leadership, and coaching of superior sales and service behaviors and activities by the team, developing and execution of plans in order to meet/exceed 100% of branch sales goals while maintaining an operationally efficient and compliant branch. Conducting outside sales efforts, as required, to bring in new primary relationships, while also maintaining and expanding existing personal and business banking relationships. Ensures compliance with internal controls, operational procedures and risk management policies. Additionally, Branch Managers in In-Store locations are responsible for sales and service to include Store Prospecting, and assisting clients on platform and with teller transactions.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three years retail sales experience serving consumer or small business clients with leadership and coaching experience or two and a half years financial sales and service experience with at least one year previous experience in a leadership role.
- Satisfies regulatory requirements for holding the position, including determined by SunTrust to meet the qualification standards imposed by the Loan Originator Compensation rule of the Truth in Lending Act.
- College level courses with an emphasis on business, finance or accounting.
- Three and a half years financial sales and service experience in a retail bank branch environment with direct supervisory experience.
- Previous experience as a Client Service Manager or In-store Assistant Branch Manager and Personal Banker or comparable roles at another financial institution.
- Knowledge of retail bank branch operations, policies and procedures.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf