Responsible for the sales process of OCIO and ancillary administrative services to not for profit institutional investors (e.g. foundations and endowments, public charities, associations, etc.) within the Atlanta and Greater Georgia region. Incumbents identify potential institutional clients, educate prospects regarding our value proposition, cultivate prospects and centers of influence, guide the RFP response process, prepare and deliver presentations, follow up on client contacts, and close sales. Also responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with both internal and external referral sources. Responsible for selling investment services to the large and complex relationships.
• Develop relationships with board level/trustees or members of investment committees and strengthen relationships with Centers of Influence throughout the communities in the territory
• Provide a responsive and reliable face of the practice to the public
• Develop and maintain robust understanding of all facets of investment management process, strategies and prospect motivations and ensure that client objectives, constraints and guidelines are taken into account in the new business process
• Leverage the CRM system to maximize the understanding of relationships within the current client and prospect base to ensure marketing and sales resources are deployed efficiently
• Work effectively with portfolio managers, client service and RFP teams in developing prospect conversations and deploying other firm resources as appropriate in the education and cultivation of prospects regarding our value proposition
• Coordinate all facets of finals pitch including meeting preparation, materials, participants, and logistics.
• A demonstrated interest in and commitment to the mission of the practice, which is to support the not for profit community through the provision of top-notch investment management and ancillary administrative services
• Graduate degree, emphasis in Finance, Economics preferred or equivalent experience.
• CFA, equivalent designation or experience preferred.
• Minimum 7-10 years experience within the institutional investment management industry.
• Established track record of working with large/complex institutional relationships
• Deep understanding of investment principles, asset classes and strategies.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
• Ability to travel.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf