Responsible for implementing, configuring and maintaining all CMDB (Configuration Management Database) processes, work instructions and activities. This role supports the Configuration Management Process Owner and works with segment and technology areas to define and implement all mechanisms needed to ensure full control of the Configurable Items. Maintain precise documentation and accurate usage of the CMDB. Assist in defining and registering of configuration items (CIs); the appropriate level of attributes, and relationships required to support IT Service Management (ITSM) processes.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
· Execute defined CMDB audit practices to ensure data integrity, completeness, and accuracy.
· Reconcile the CMDB data when exceptions are noted between CMDB, discovery information, and other authoritative production data repositories such as Software License Manager, DNS, SCCM, Active directory, etc.
· Support design, development, and implementation of automated processes for gathering, populating, and maintaining CMDB data.
· Integrate/support the ITSM process managers and System Administration team.
· Works closely with all stakeholders to include but not limited to Systems Engineering, IT Provisioning, Application Support teams, and Service Delivery Teams to establish business requirements for the CMDB.
· Produce and execute a plan for implementing all best practices for Configuration Management to support all ITSM processes.
· Ensure ITSM and CMDB alignment with CMDB standards and policies.
· Communicate CMDB activities to enhance general awareness of processes and standards.Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in and 8 years of experience in project management, application development, or other related IT discipline or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Experience leading highly complex formalized process improvement. Deep specialized and/or broad functional knowledge. Sound understanding of business and organizational strategies and processes. Ability to interpret internal and external business challenges and recommend best practices. Ability to lead complex projects. Sophisticated analytical skills and the ability to solve complex technical and business problems. Ability to influence others at senior levels to adopt a new perspective.
· Familiarity with industry leading IT Asset discovery products.
· Candidates must have excellent organizational, communication, and problem solving skills. Candidates should have proven understanding of IT business needs and knowledge of IT industry standard best practices.
· Prior experience implementing business service oriented CMDB patterns and mappings.
· The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of successfully implementing and maintaining CMDB(s) on industry leading Service Management platforms.
· 3+ years of CMDB experience.
· Experience in both hardware and software asset and configuration management as well as knowledge of IT service management processes.
· Two plus years working with and support configuration management
· Experience with Snow License Manager, SCCM, SQL, trouble shooting and software agents deployments.
· ITIL V3 Foundations Certified.
· Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf