Drives the realization of the enterprise vision by architecting and delivering platform infrastructure solutions. Leads teams supporting the most complex enterprise-wide architectural projects/initiatives. Ability to understand existing application and infrastructure technologies to design and implement next generation solutions across a variety of multi-platform, multi-cloud systems.. Develops company business system architecture plans and reviews cost and feasibility of system requests while ensuring the plan supports the strategic needs of the company.
Participates in the development of enterprise & enterprise public cloud (AWS) architecture standards, process and governance. Translates business requirements into specific solutions, platforms, applications or process designs across highly complex projects involving multiple systems/applications. Applies advanced knowledge of the business and IT architecture principles to identify and evaluate alternative solutions. Leads the selection of methodologies, tools, and components of the total IT solutions. Focuses on complex architectural strategy and direction of multiple and diverse application/data/network disciplines on a variety of multi-platform systems. Typically leads moderately complex projects and participates in larger, more complex initiatives. Solves complex technical and operational problems. Acts as a resource for teammates with less experience. May have people management responsibilities for a small team.
Experience as the lead technologist/architect for major products, services, processes and artifact governance. Repeated success leading architecturally significant projects from inception through launch, including communicating with business stakeholders, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, and produce technical designs. Experience transforming, designing and deploying solutions to meet varying Non-Functional Requirements. Demonstrated expertise in platform-level design, and experience with web services and service oriented architectures.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In-depth and broad knowledge within own professional discipline.
- Ability to interpret internal and external business challenges and implement best practices to improve products, processes, or services.
- Ability to lead projects of significant complexity and risk exposure.
- Ability to exercise judgment in solving technical, operational, and organizational challenges.
- Ability to manage a team, including identifying and recruiting talent, managing performance, and making decisions about resource allocation.
- Ability to influence others to adopt a new perspective and handle interpersonal issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of experience.
- Previous experience in the banking industry.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf