IAG Associate Role:
The Investment Advisory Group (IAG) Associate position is intended to serve as an entry- to mid-level position for individuals with at least three years of industry experience. Selected incumbents may be assigned to any one of IAG’s specialty groups, including economic, market and portfolio strategy; investment management and operational due diligence; equity and fixed income research and trading; investment communications and/or portfolio management. Career advancement will depend upon individual performance, attainment of requisite KSAs (knowledge, skills & abilities), related professional designations/credentials and business needs.
The IAG Associate will support the Chief Investment Officer, Chief Market Strategist, as well as the broader Investment Advisory teams. The Investment Advisory Group is responsible for providing economic, market, strategic and tactical portfolio guidance (“best thinking”), and for sourcing investment solutions. The incumbent will assist more senior investment professionals in assembling and reviewing data, conducting research and analysis, writing, proofing, editing and distributing investment commentaries, and related presentations for internal and external (client) use. The incumbent will also help with operational tasks.
Minimum Job Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree with a focus on finance, accounting, or related field.
· Minimum of three years of experience working in investment research or analysis.
· Exceptional level of skill in use of MS Office Excel and Powerpoint, including creating charts, tables and templates.
· Exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written).
· Strong quantitative, research and analytical skills.
· Detail oriented.
Passionate about the capital markets
· Ability to take initiative and work on multiple tasks or projects at one time.
· In-depth knowledge of financial markets and asset management industry gained through work experience or rigorous academic study (attainment of a professional designation such as CFA, CFP, CAIA or related credential will be considered a plus).
· CFA Candidate
· Experience with Factset/Bloomberg
· Experience with data analytics
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf