CIB is currently seeking a Business Manager to support Capital Markets and Asset Finance product groups. Business Managers on the Corporate & Investment Banking (“CIB”) Strategy team report to CIB’s Head of Strategy and play key roles as strategic enablers to CIB senior leadership. Business Managers are responsible for helping drive the success of CIB overall via focus on specific business or product segments, such as Investment Banking, Corporate Banking, Capital Markets Originations, Capital Markets Sales and Trading, or Asset Finance.
Business Managers work closely with senior leaders in the development, execution and refinement of the strategy for their designated business area. They serve as a trusted business advisor and representative, leveraging their industry/market/product knowledge to help design, oversee, implement and measure strategies and programs that drive revenue production and business growth. Business Managers effectively engage with senior leaders, front line teams and functional partners across SunTrust to champion and create initiatives and programs that strengthen sales execution, remove barriers to success, and make processes more efficient and effective. Business Managers are further responsible for driving continuous strategic evaluation of their business/products, leading the development of management insights through business and financial performance analyses and executive level proposals/presentations. For all facets of their role, Business Managers apply a solid risk management lens in their decision making, advice and recommendations.
As senior members of the CIB Strategy Team, Business Managers help recruit, direct, coach and develop junior team members, such as Analysts, Associates and Vice Presidents. This responsibility includes ensuring the quality, timeliness and effectiveness of work output to support strategic business decision making and initiatives, including presentation and report preparation, financial modeling / analysis and communications.
· BA/BS degree
· 12 years of related work experience
· Advanced knowledge of financial industry, market, and products
· Advanced analytical and technical skills combined with a problem solving attitude
· Excellent interpersonal style, good listening skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely
· Strong partnering and leadership skills in a complex, matrixed environment
· MBA degree
· In-depth knowledge of investment banking, corporate banking and capital markets business models, products and client segments.
· Strong leadership and interpersonal skills; executive presence
· Success working in a fast-paced, matrixed, team environment.
· Innovation in problem solving and data-driven insights generation.
· Experience in mentoring and coaching
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf