- The Strategic Finance Officer (SFO) IT Finance – Enterprise Data Office (EDO) is a dedicated resource for each Chief Technology Officer (CTO) providing increased support and improved service levels to meet the expectations for mini-CFOs with a business partnering skill set at more senior level.
- The role has a unique dual focus with both SFO and Controller hats to ensure strong financial controls.
- The position provides financial planning and analysis for delivery, support, and project management groups within each CTO. Each group has slightly different needs and requires different focus from a finance support perspective.
- The position will be the finance business partner for the Electronic Data Officer / SVP of EDO and Functions Technology Delivery and support the entire CTO team within EIS from a finance perspective. The role will regularly provide strategic financial advice and guidance to top management as an active participant in the CTO leadership team meetings, ensuring that meaningful financial analysis with actionable items are effectively presented. The expectation is the individual will work closely with the management team, demonstrate excellent problem solving skills, and deliver fundamentally sound financial solutions.
- The position will oversee the day-to-day responsibilities normally associated with a strategic financial management team, including analyzing business drivers and activities, preparing financial forecasts and plan, and consulting with the CTO team to identify risks and opportunities.
- The position will manage all month-end close activities including accruals, reclasses, reporting, and robust variance analysis to ensure accurate management reporting and solid financial analysis. Strong controls around actual financial reporting must be maintained.
- The position will be required to have a strong understanding of technology delivery projects and how this translates into general ledger financials and forecasts/plans. As projects are completed, the individual will liaise with the project managers and the fixed assets team to place assets into service. Strong controls around fixed assets must be maintained.
- As cost pool owner, the role will provide robust variance analysis monthly to the LOB SFOs explaining cost allocations. Periodically, the cost pool methodology must be reviewed to ensure it is still fit for purpose.
• 5 years of experience in financial management or business analysis
• Requires an undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field
• Proven ability to grasp complex issues to drive decision-making
• Demonstrated leadership qualities and courage
• Strong analytical abilities with an inquisitive nature
• Creative with excellent problem solving skills; take initiative to find continuous process improvements
• Strong communication skills, including excellent written and oral communication to executive management
• Detail oriented and a belief no job is too small, demonstrating excellent attention to detail
• Managed work independently; results orientation
• Proven technical abilities with an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, such Excel and PowerPoint, and financial reporting systems, such as Essbase
• MBA and/or CPA is a plus
• 7 years of experience in financial management or business analysis
• Understanding of information technology
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf