This position will serve as the Data Office subject matter expert for Consumer/Mortgage credit risk data, reporting, and visualization. Partner with risk executives and own Consumer/Mortgage Credit Risk Data Strategy. Document business requirements and actively manage pipeline of development activity. Serve as data steward in the consumer/mortgage credit risk domain. Partners with business leaders to align business strategy, information reporting, and information delivery. Applies subject-matter or functional expertise and industry solution knowledge. Researches, analyzes, designs, and/or maintains data sources in information systems in support of projects, information needs, and changing requirements. Performs analysis, validation and interpretation of reporting outputs. Recommends business actions to business leaders based on interpreted findings of the analyzed business reports. Executes data and report validations to support ongoing quality assurance processes. Develops business requirements for new reporting capabilities. Typically accountable for on-time and budget delivery of the portfolio initiatives in collaboration with business and technology partners.
Highly-experienced expert job that applies in-depth and specialized expertise and/or a significant breadth of expertise in own professional discipline and other related disciplines. Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes, or services. Applies a comprehensive understanding of how the organization operates to solve technical, operational, and business problems. Uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions. Leads teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and complexity, often with implications and/or resource requirements beyond own LOB or function. Mentors less experienced teammates to build their own technical expertise. Impacts the achievement of client, operational, project, service, and risk management objectives. May have people management responsibilities. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Deep specialized and/or broad knowledge within a professional discipline. Sound and comprehensive understanding of business and organizational strategies and processes.
- Ability to interpret internal and external business challenges and implement best practices to improve products, processes, or services.
- Ability to lead projects of significant complexity and risk exposure.
- Ability to exercise judgment in solving technical, operational, and organizational challenges in the context of business objectives and priorities.
- Sophisticated analytical skills and the ability to solve complex technical and business problems.
- Ability to influence others to adopt a new perspective.
- Knowledge of the industry's competitive landscape and an understanding of the market and regulatory factors that shape the industry.
Experience working with enterprise data warehouses / big data and related software tools
MBA, CFA, FRM or other relevant advanced degrees / certifications. SQL, SAS EG, Cognos, Essbase, Qlik experience a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf