Responsible for actively supporting and/or leading complex projects or programs including the planning, management, and implementation of the assigned project, program, or portfolio within Enterprise Execution Services (EES). Critical projects, programs, and portfolios are aimed at accomplishing broad, long-term strategic objectives such as enhancing revenue, improving quality and/or efficiency, improving the processes, affecting cost savings, advancing technological development, impacting talent management, advancing teammate capabilities, implementing new product initiatives, or other strategic priorities. Roles will not only assist in creating critical project, program, and portfolio management deliverables (e.g. Project Charter, Project Plans, Critical Issues Log, Analysis, Optimal project portfolio mix, etc), but will also be expected to support the team in achieving priorities, goals and strategies with key stakeholders. Applies various technical disciplines such as process improvement, data analysis, and facilitation. Provides objective advice, expertise and specialist support skills with the aim of creating value and maximizing growth, or improving the business performance of their clients. Responsibilities increase from support functions to responsibility for the performance of the project portfolio.
Provides oversight and direct leadership on multiple concurrent projects/programs of varying size up. Drive the project portfolios performance and ensures projects are managed in accordance with defined SunTrust project governance methodologies. Reviews project/program teams’ analysis of current state process and design and recommendations in future state roadmap. Directly manages a team of internal or outsourced project managers, project analysts, consultants or subject matter experts. Coaches and mentors teammates, conducts recruiting and on-boarding activities and provides project-related performance evaluations on team members and direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 10 year’s progressive related experience in either a consulting, project management or process improvement related role or 3 years of management experience in a PMO environment.
- Strong skills and experience in issue resolution and managing to stringent timelines for project deliverables.
- Demonstrated superior understanding of business and technology organization, resources, priorities, needs and policies.
- Ability to make or recommend complex strategic decisions and prioritize competing initiatives.
- Advanced degree in a relevant field of work (e.g., MBA). PMP and/or PgMP.
- Certification in Lean Six Sigma, process improvement, facilitation and project management methodologies.
- Superior working knowledge of business matters, finance, planning, forecasting in order to manage program and business issues.
- In-depth knowledge of management and planning systems theory and practical application to complex initiatives.
- Experience with financial measurements and metrics.
- Financial Services experience.
- Experience implementing large/complex initiatives across a matrix organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf