Serves as primary relationship advisor for clients and is responsible for developing and deepening client relationships through a high level of client service and through delivery of the bank’s credit and deposit solutions. Coordinates the overall client strategy in close partnership with other professionals on the team to meet the investment, trust, risk management, and planning needs of clients. Thrives in a team based approach to deliver the full suite of PWM solutions to client. Has high aptitude and is looking to grow in career.
Proactively provides comprehensive wealth management advice and solutions including, but not limited to, strategic asset allocation recommendations, multi generational estate and tax planning, cash flow analysis and budgeting and credit and risk management. Works with other teammates to articulate tactical adjustments for client investment portfolios. Partners with other STI product specialists, including investments, trust, mortgage, insurance, etc, using a team approach to deliver solutions to client’s financial needs and to enhance existing relationships.
Maintains proper licenses including Series 7, Series 66, Life, Health, and Variable insurance licenses. Candidates will have 60 days from their Start Date to transfer, or 100 days from their Start Date to acquire, all of the registrations and licenses required for this position. Ensures that appropriate continuing education requirements are met where needed.
(For registered advisors only): Is registered and maintains active, SunTrust sponsored registration in the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLSR) and has been assigned a unique identifier number in compliance with the federal S.A.F.E. Act requirements.
Manages a portfolio of approximately 150-200 clients, with the majority in the Core client segment, defined as clients with total investable assets between $1-$5MM or individual annual client revenue $15K or greater.
Relies on the SunTrust network to generate client acquisition. With the exception of credit and deposit solutions, relies heavily on teammates for development of advice and implementation of solutions. Primarily connected to retail LOB partners. Also focused on targeted prospecting and developing relationships with external referral sources. Generates significant revenue through meeting more needs of existing clients. Reserve client opportunities would be referred to Client Advisor 3 or Wealth Advisors.
- Bachelor’s Degree with very strong credit knowledge, solid deposit/general banking knowledge, basic investment knowledge and excellent knowledge of all Wealth Management products and services.
- Maintains proper licenses including Series 7, Series 66, Life, Health, and Variable insurance licenses.
- 3 years of sales and client management experience in the Wealth Services industry or degree and demonstrated ability to manage portfolio book of $1MM.
- Dominant strength in credit underwriting and cash flow analysis. Heavy focus on client delight/client service.
- Very responsive to client needs.
- Build strong relationships with client and is assertive in asking for business and for referrals from existing clients.
- Emphasizes personal connections in the sales process.
- Very relatable.
- Effective time management skills.
- Self starter who is effective at lead generation and developing COIs.
- Very team oriented and able to quickly bring in specialists onto team.
- Rely heavily on other teammates to explain rationale behind investment and planning recommendations.
- Well organized and flexible; able to adapt to change as well as determine and focus on top priorities in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business. CFP designation or equivalent
- 5 years of sales and client management experience in the Wealth Services industry or degree and demonstrated ability to manage portfolio book of $3MM.
- Superior sales, client management and client service skills with the ability to sell a wide range of products and services.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf