The Major Incident Manager will provide oversight for coordination, communication, and reporting of all Priority 1 and significant Priority 2 level incidents.
This position will be responsible for the bridgeline setup & notification to pertinent areas for Priority 1 and significant Priority 2 level incidents across all areas of EIS. The Major Incident Manager will be engaged with the scoped incidents as soon as the issue is detected/ticket created at Solution Center/Command Center and will notify proper audience via a First Alert process to immediately open bridge line and engage crucial areas. As the call progresses, the Major Incident Manager will capture notes of status and decision points, along with reaching out to additional areas to engage as necessary. The Major Incident Manager will remain on the call from incident detection to incident closure. During call the Major Incident Manager will be responsible for 60-minute closure notifications to the wider EIS audience to brief on status and expectations. The major Incident Manager will also participate in weekly meetings to discuss incidents of the week prior and facilitate discussion around trends and early warning indicators. On call rotation will be required.Qualifications
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- 6 years progressive work related experience including 3 years managing IT projects.
- Demonstrated proficiency in IT terminology, systems, and processes.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing and explaining project information and status to management, staff, and vendors.
- Possess strong organizational, planning and interpersonal skills to lead and motivate a team performing multiple assignments in a rapidly changing environment.
- Project management experience from beginning through execution for multiple large or complex projects.
- Demonstrate proficiency in managing projects that have enterprise-wide implications as well as a highly technical complexity.
- Experience reporting to management the status of projects as they track against phase review objectives, schedule, budget and risk.
- Ability to multi-task (handle large number of people/departments on the phone, email and IM at same time)
- Ability to manage without authority (managing process by holding people accountable)
- Clear communication, demonstrated ability to make presentations
- Able to work tight deadlines with multi-integrated team contributions
- IT Infrastructure knowledge strongly preferred
- Financial (Banking) IT a plus
- Previous experience communicating with executive management in written and verbal form
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Methodical Mindset
- Problem Solving skill set
- 4+ years experience in Enterprise IT in Banking or Finance
- 4+ years experience working with Infrastructure and Application support
- General understanding of how technology solves business problems
- Ability to translate complex technical issues into business speak.
- Understanding of a ticketing system and asset systems. (ITPortal, CMDB, ServiceNow, etc)
- General knowledge and experience with all facets of technology (Server, Intel, Windows, Unix, Mainframe, Data Base, Power Systems, AIX, Linux, Storage, Backups, Red Hat, Networking, Firewalls, Load Balancers, Circuits, server architecture, network architecture, software architecture)
- Experience in a 24/7 environment
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf