The Major Incident Analyst will provide reporting, triage call support and predictive analytics supporting all Priority 1 and Significant Priority 2 Incidents.
This position will be responsible for the predictive analytics surrounding all P1s, Significant P2s in the organization and developing an EIS-wide reporting mechanism for Incident Management (given the scope identified). Developing a view of what is trending or inherently gets escalated will enable the analyst and MIM (Major Incident Manager) to create/deliver a pre-notification to the respective teams. MIAs will also participate in weekly meetings with Tier 2 levels to discuss incidents of the week prior and facilitate discussion around trends and early warning indicators. During incident triage – the analyst will perform the function of “scribe” during the calls to capture all pertinent points to be archived/reused for later triage of similar issues.
Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Knowledge in information systems and ability to apply that knowledge in practice. Ability to manage competing priorities. Ability to solve problems in straightforward situations by analyzing possible solutions using experience, judgment and precedents. Experience participating in IT projects. Ability to communicate complex information in straightforward situations
· Excellent note-taking skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Database/Excel data modeling, input and report generation/creation.
· Ability to self-start for forecasting opportunities, trending.
· Ability to create and modify Visio process flow diagrams.
· MS Office, SharePoint
· Understanding of a ticketing system, and asset systems. (ITPortal, CMDB, ServiceNow, etc)
· 4+ years experience in supporting Enterprise IT in Banking or Finance
· 4+ years experience working with Infrastructure and Application support
· General knowledge and experience with all facets of technology. Server, Intel, Windows, Unix, Mainframe, Data Base, Power Systems, AIX, Linux, Storage, Backups, Red Hat, Networking, Firewalls, Load Balancers, Circuits, server architecture, network architecture, software architecture
· Experience in a 24/7 environment
· On call Rotation will be required
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf