Responsible for partnering and building business relationships with various business units within their respective commodity areas of concentration and to develop, validate and implement commodity/category strategies that align with business objectives. Works closely with Commodity/Category Owners and with internal stakeholders to establish requirements, craft optimal sourcing strategies related to assigned categories. Also works closely with external suppliers/partners, leading contract negotiations to enhance shareholder value and manage supply side risk, achieve lowest total cost of ownership and fulfill the needs of the respective line of business or support function within the bank. Develops, deploys and manages comprehensive commodity sourcing strategies (based on the 6 Step Sourcing Process and Total Cost of Ownership principles) that support the enterprise's business strategies in commodity areas encompassing the company infrastructure. In addition to spend and price leverage optimization, play an active role as a Relationship Manager with the respective lines of business being supported to facilitate and further develop supply side strategies aligned with demand/consumption needs of the business.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 10+ years’ experience in Strategic Sourcing or Commodity/Category Management.
- 8+ years’ experience in roles which included significant financial management responsibilities in managing large spend and complex commodities/categories.
- Ability to formulate contractual agreements.
- Ability to successfully apply organizational change management principles to change efforts (both large and small).
- Demonstrates a strategic business perspective; understands commodity strategy design in support of the enterprise's business strategies and goals.
- Significant knowledge of spend commodities/categories (available goods and services) within their area of Strategic Sourcing discipline.
- Understands cost benefit analysis approaches to enable the modification and/or deployment of new goods and services throughout the enterprise.
- Strong leadership and relationship management skills with ability to work with a diverse workforce and drive results through collaborative partnerships.
- Ability to manage through complex negotiations.
- Demonstration of excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Master's degree or equivalent.
- ISM Certification or other relevant professional designation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf