The Operational Risk Delivery and Control Consultant provides thought leadership and expertise in risk management practices, providing both targeted guidance and oversight for SunTrust’s Consumer Branch Banking and Operations activities. Ensures risks are appropriately identified & mitigated; Validates the effectiveness of the LOB process/control environment. Provides informed input to risk remediation strategies and ensures adequate reporting mechanisms are in place to provide for timely escalation and transparency of risk issues.
Completes Process and Targeted Reviews of complex units and LOB’s. Assesses levels of adherence/execution and identifies risk/control improvements in areas with high complexity. Develops practical solutions to implement operational controls and risk management activities. Identifies cross-segment solutions and collaborates across multiple areas to identify effective and practical controls and risk management techniques. Conducts risk and control assessments on a regular basis to ensure function/LOB meets corporate standards that specifically relate to internal operating controls. Makes recommendations for the update of function/LOB control, policy, procedures, and risk/control documentation. Interpret results and present findings and recommendations. May serve as mentor to other Risk & Control Consultants and participate collaboratively in project execution.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, or Accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• 10 years of work experience including audit, operations, process engineering or risk management
• Solid knowledge of risk management principles and controls, broad-based business practices, and deep understanding of segment/function business processes, with the ability to assess levels of adherence/execution and identify risk/control improvement opportunities.
• Professional communication both written and verbal, presentation skills and relationship management skills.
• MBA or advance degree.
• Experience in Consumer Branch Banking Management / Operations
• Project management skills.
• Ability to work within a matrix organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf