Job DescriptionResponsible for managing the 3rd party outsourced supplier of construction project management services for SunTrust Banks, Inc. Outsourced team consists of over 20 construction project managers managing Retail and Office construction portfolio with project spend of over $50 million annually. Responsibilities include ensuring appropriate SLAs, quality controls, and oversight for all project management activities.
Serve as project lead on major corporate projects, monitoring progress on all work streams; advise and support construction PM as required; may directly manage construction on high profile projects
Develop and manage Construction Services, a business-led sourcing category, in compliance with Corporate Functions ETPRM procedures: pre-qualify, contract with and maintain current documentation for a pool of design firms and general contractors (GCs) to be used exclusively on CREW projects (Consumer and Corporate)
Own PMP procedures for Project Management, Design and Construction Procurement and Property Decommission. Update as required
Ad hoc activities:
- Review and sign all AIA contracts for design and construction
- Periodically review performance of outsourced project management team, including validating performance against SLAs.
- Serve as project management SME on ad-hoc committees
- Respond to PM and WPP inquiries/issues based on institutional knowledge and experience.
- Serve as sponsor for 12 CREW vendors in security access management, requesting, verifying and approving access to ST space.
- Discuss issues with outsourced PM leadership team and identify options for resolution
- Identify best practices in project management, update processes, formulate training materials and lead training sessions
- Develop ad-hoc procedures to document new or existing processes.
- Respond to Fixed Assets SOX and other controls-related audit requests
- Research and analyze project and facilities-related issues as requested by senior managers.
Knowledge, Education, Certification, Licenses
Required:Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Construction Management or Business Mgt
Skills and Abilities
Required: organized, leader, good communicator, decisive, persuasive; working knowledge of entire project process from design through occupancy; able to evaluate the capabilities of teammates and vendor partners and identify opportunities for improvement; ability to develop strong business relationships within CREW, with ST partners, vendors and clients.
Preferred: above plus familiarity with CREW business processes and systems
Required:Fifteen years as an owner’s construction project manager on a variety of project types, preferably in an outsourced organization.
Preferred:Ten years at a more senior level managing outsourced relationships.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf