Enterprise AML’s Performance and Operational Execution Management segment is seeking highly qualified candidates for a position with the Model Ownership team. The team’s primary responsibility is to monitor and tune the AML models including providing recommendations to improve business rules utilized in the Anti-Money Laundering/Bank Secrecy Act/Office for Foreign Asset Control (AML/BSA/OFAC) automated monitoring systems. Additional responsibilities include proposing new business rules, evaluating industry trend impacts, analyzing red flags, user acceptance testing, and validation of threshold settings utilized within watch list scanning, transaction monitoring, and risk assessment applications. The ideal candidate must demonstrate strong AML and OFAC compliance knowledge and experience. This position directly reports to the BSA/AML Section Manager Model Ownership.
The Business Systems Analyst 6 role is a business unit systems expert in performing complex analytical systems development tasks. Position requires thorough knowledge of the business unit, its objectives and all applications used within the business unit. This position will also recommend and design reporting to monitor, improve and maintain AML/OFAC application alert quality. This position will provide recommendations to achieve optimum performance through report analysis, alert review, FFIEC Red Flag risk mitigation, following industry trends, and conducting statistical analysis.
· Provide AML/OFAC alert quality recommendations including robust testing and analysis meeting requirements of SunTrust’s Model Risk Management Governance standards.
· Evaluate new FinCEN releases, industry trends, and regulatory changes
· Perform quarterly and annual model tuning projects in accordance with SunTrust standards.
· Recommend and design to business intelligence and model developer teams reporting metrics to measure performance of the various AML models.
· Provide recommendations to improve current tuning analysis methodology and incorporate alternative statistical metrics to existing monthly and quarterly statistical analysis.
· Assess potential risk and formulate conclusions on application strengths and limitations.
· Review application business rule issues and work with stakeholders toward resolution.
· Evaluate watch lists, transaction monitoring, and risk assessments using statistical analysis and/or threshold testing to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
· Summarize outcomes clearly and concisely with the ability to effectively communicate results to AML management.
· Continuously develop knowledge of anti-money laundering, anti-terrorist financing, and OFAC sanctions issues and trends.
· Identify potential new risks or new typologies providing recommendations for coverage.Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Mathematics, Statistics, Criminal Justice
· 8+ years of AML/OFAC compliance, banking, and/or financial services experience
· 8+ years of analytics experience
· SAS Enterprise Guide and E-Miner experience
· Strong understanding of statistics and quantitative analysis
· Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
· Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal communication skills
· Ability to research and make appropriate decisions regarding complex issues
· Travel Required 10% or less
· Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
· Master’s degree in mathematics or statistics
· Experience with Actimize, LexisNexis, ACI, and FircoSoft applications
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf