The VP, Statistical Quantitative Analyst role provides Enterprise Credit Risk oversight for the consumer/retail loan portfolios. Independently challenge business assumptions, strategies and results. Conduct analysis as appropriate to ensure adherence to credit risk policies by the line of business. Define and provide status updates or periodic reporting to management on business activities and results (i.e. risk tolerance, current profile of key risk, concentration risk). The ideal candidate should have strong quantitative skills as well as solid understanding of the drivers of business performance and credit risk.
•Provides independent reporting, analytics, and forecasting on Consumer portfolio credit risk, delinquency and loss trends
•Collects and prepares data for analysis, exploratory to advanced analytics, and identifies data relationship patterns and trends.
•Identifies actionable insights from multiple sources of data that measurably improve business outcomes or mitigate credit risk.
•Prepares monthly reporting packages for credit risk executives and external parties
•Provides independent audit of line of business reporting packages
•Assists in oversight of credit controls and credit policy adherence
•Creates ad-hoc reporting packages and analytic projects as needed
- College degree and 5+ years of banking or financial services experience
- Proficient utilizing SAS/SQL
- Strong proficiency in Excel.
- Intermediate/advanced experience using PowerPoint, Tableau/Qlikview and Enterprise Miner preferred.
- Analytic programming and forecasting experience desired.
- Proven ability to perform and deliver under very demanding situations. Attention to detail and a sense of ownership for deliverables.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- 5+ years’ experience in Consumer Lending Strategy, Policy and Analytics.
- Any credit risk experience working with Fintechs is highly desired.
- Experience working with SQL Server, ORACLE, and DB2 databases.
- College degree (Master’s preferred) with background in Statistics, Quantitative Methods, Economics, or Accounting/Finance preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf