Helps assure the Lines of Business (LOB's) have adequate established processes and procedures to effectively manage risk by means of performing testing, process analysis, and evaluation of controls versus risks.
This is accomplished, including, but not limited to the proceeding, as follows:
- Understanding testing methodology based on department and Corporate Risk procedures;
- Evaluating activities related to compliance with operational risk guidelines;
- Completion of process and targeted reviews;
- Reviews of documentation, performing testing and validation of remediation efforts in the function/LOB;
- Conducting risk and control assessments to ensure function/LOB meets corporate standards that specifically relate to internal operating controls;
- Assessing levels of adherence/execution and identifying risk/control improvements (where applicable);
- Providing subject matter expert level information to assist in updates of function/LOB control, policy, procedures, and risk/control documentation;
- Developing test plans, determining scope and leading projects;
- Interpreting results, present findings and recommendations;
- Assisting with knowledge transfer of resources and processes to other Risk teams.
- Develops, analyzes, coordinates and implements the LOB Risk Management programs and framework. Serves as the risk management expert providing leadership and meaningful input to ensure risk data is captured, risk mitigation strategies and controls are developed, and appropriate reporting mechanisms are in place. Assures the LOB has adequate processes and procedures in place to effectively monitor and manage risk.
- Monitors activities of the business unit related to compliance with operational risk guidelines. Provides thought leadership and expertise in risk management practices and subject matter knowledge. Develops practical solutions to implement operational controls and risk management activities. Identifies cross-segment solutions and collaborates across multiple areas to identify effective and practical controls and risk management techniques.
- Conducts tests of the firm's supervisory, administrative and operational controls associated with policies and procedures, and independently reviews, assesses, and reports on areas of potential reputational or regulatory risks. In addition, the Consultant conducts desktop reviews, branch reviews and functional reviews.
- The compliance testing program includes conducting comprehensive registered branch office and office of supervisory jurisdiction (OSJ) and non-OSJ examinations that test business, supervisory, and regulatory procedures to identify, address and mitigate regulatory and financial risk to the firm.
- Must have the ability to assess risk associated with a particular process, account or business relationship; inclusive of consideration to probability and potential business impact, while factoring the adequacy of existing controls. In collaboration with the team, must be able to evaluate and design a specific testing plan. Ensures timely delivery of concise, accurate reports of findings and subsequent follow up to confirm findings are addressed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, or Accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 5 years of work experience including audit, operations, process engineering or risk management
- Strong knowledge of industry-related regulatory requirements, and operational risk concepts.
- Professional communications and presentation skills.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership or management skills.
- Solid knowledge of risk management principles and controls, broad-based business practices, and deep understanding of segment/function business processes, with the ability to assess levels of adherence/execution and identify risk/control improvement opportunities.
- Securities registration: 7, 24, 66
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Project management skills
- Strong writing and verbal skills
- Ability to work within a matrix organization
****Ability to travel an average of 25% annually****
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf