Serves as primary relationship advisor for clients and is responsible for developing and deepening client relationships through a high level of client service and through delivery of the bank’s credit and deposit solutions. Coordinates the overall client strategy in close partnership with other professionals on the team to meet the investment, trust, risk management, and planning needs of clients. Thrives in a team based approach to deliver the full suite of PWM solutions to client. Has high aptitude and is looking to grow in career.
Proactively provides comprehensive wealth management advice and solutions including, but not limited to, strategic asset allocation recommendations, multi generational estate and tax planning, cash flow analysis and budgeting and credit and risk management. Works with other teammates to articulate tactical adjustments for client investment portfolios. Partners with other STI product specialists, including investments, trust, mortgage, insurance, etc, using a team approach to deliver solutions to client’s financial needs and to enhance existing relationships.
Maintains proper licenses including Series 7, Series 66, Life, Health, and Variable insurance licenses. Candidates will have 60 days from their Start Date to transfer, or 100 days from their Start Date to acquire, all of the registrations and licenses required for this position. Ensures that appropriate continuing education requirements are met where needed.
(For registered advisors only): Is registered and maintains active, SunTrust sponsored registration in the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLSR) and has been assigned a unique identifier number in compliance with the federal S.A.F.E. Act requirements.
Manages a portfolio of approximately 60-80 clients who are primarily Reserve, defined as clients with total investable assets > $5MM, total net worth > $15MM or individual annual client revenue of $50k or greater. Target clients should have a minimum of $3M of AUM on us and the advisors total portfolio revenue should generate a minimum of $2M of recurring revenue from investment assets under management. Total book revenue should be >$4MM in revenue.
Is accomplished at acquiring new business from outside the SunTrust franchise but also successfully partners with internal referral sources to generate new business. Well connected and active in the community where they live. Develops solid relationships with referral sources and centers of influence. Also is skilled at generating referrals from existing clients. Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree with strong credit knowledge, strong deposit/general banking knowledge, excellent investment knowledge and excellent knowledge of all Wealth Management products and services.
- Must obtain CFP designation or equivalent within 24 months
- Maintains proper licenses including Series 7, Series 66, Life, Health, and Variable insurance licenses.
- 8 years of sales and client management experience in the Wealth Services industry or degree and demonstrated ability to manage portfolio book of $2MM.
- Top sales and relationship management professional with expert sales, client management and client service skills with the ability to sell a wide range of products and services.
- Proven track record of success.
- Demonstrates excellent investment knowledge and the ability to discuss tax and financial planning issues with clients including multi-generational estate planning concepts.
- Assertive in asking for business, developing leads and developing referral sources which includes Centers of Influence.
- Well organized and flexible; able to adapt to change as well as determine and focus on top priorities in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
- Strong communicator.
- Regularly able to explain the rationale behind most areas of recommendation but relies on partners for most complex recommendations.
- Combines a strategic approach to meeting annual goals with a multi year approach to building business.
- Highly self motivated.
- Develops thoughtful marketing strategies and execution capabilities that consistently fill business development pipeline with qualified prospects.
- Exceptional listener allowing advisor to tailor recommendation to address client’s needs.
- High level of emotional intelligence.
- Constant thirst for learning and always hungry for ways to improve.
- Brings a true passion to the business of delivering financial advice to clients.
- High level of executive presence.
- Strong team player who is able to lead a team of professionals in serving clients
- MBA or JD. CPA, CFA, or CFP designation or equivalent
- 10 years of sales and client management experience in the Wealth Services industry or degree and demonstrated ability to manage portfolio book of $5MM
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf