Provide support to the Finance Operational Risk Managers as part of the First Line of Defense operational risk management strategy, as defined in the STI Enterprise Risk Policy. Senior Risk Analysts are responsible for developing, analyzing, coordinating, and implementing an effective operational risk mitigation strategy within assigned Finance areas.
Specifically, provide operational risk management support through:
- Monitoring LOD1 activities related to compliance with operational risk guidelines. This includes proactively identifying changes in personnel, products, processes, policies, operating systems, accounting practices, organizational changes, regulatory requirements and business environment which may impact controls across Finance. Drive communication between all affected parties to develop and implement appropriate controls for new processes, transactions, and products
- Conducting risk and control assessments on a regular basis to ensure the function meets corporate standards that specifically relate to internal operating controls. Assist in updating controls, policies, procedures, and risk/control documentation.
- Participating in the planning and execution of WTAs. Providing leadership and a first level review of WTAs performed by the Finance Risk Analysts.
- Fostering relationships between peers, management, and Finance partners to ensure that common goals are met and that there is active collaboration between team members.
- Assisting the Finance Risk Manager in providing leadership and meaningful input to ensure risk data is captured, risk mitigation strategies and controls are developed, and appropriate reporting mechanisms are in place.
- Performing WTA QC reviews of completed Finance WTAs to ensure 1) completeness that all processes were included in each WTA (i.e. agreement of actual to plan) and 2) consistency in the documentation maintained by Finance Risk Teammates in accordance with Corporate Risk Managementâ€™s procedure and the Finance WTA job aid.
- Planning, scheduling and leading the General Control Testing efforts.
- Working independently, utilizing judgment and seeking/receiving guidance on unusual or highly complex issues as needed.
- Serving as a mentor/coach to new and existing Risk and Staff Analysts, as well as lead other teammates in project execution.
- Managing direct reports including:
- Provide appropriate training;
- Manage workloads, task completion and quality expectations
- Prepare and deliver performance reviews.
- 5 years of work experience including audit, operations, process engineering or risk management.
- Working knowledge of SOX and other regulatory requirements, and operational risk concepts.
- Demonstrate professional communications and presentation skills, strong relationship management skills and ability to support multiple ongoing initiatives
- Project management, consulting or management experience.
- Risk management experience.
- Knowledge of related industry or division.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf