This position is part of the First Line of Defense (LOD1) Regulatory Control function, as defined in the STI Enterprise Risk Policy. Responsible for development and implementation of the company’s compliance program and provides compliance oversight. Executes on Corporate Compliance Risk Policies and develops and manages compliance risk and risk-related policies, as well as reviews and coordinates with business areas to develop function specific risk policies to ensure compliance with the Corporate Compliance Policy and Operational Risk Framework. Manages compliance risk management communications, training, documentation, procedures, and processes. Provides leadership and direction on compliance risk management industry developments. Manages Regulatory Control Analysts and Consultants. Interacts with internal teammates and business process owners
Manages a team responsible for the analysis, review and reporting for compliance programs for a line of business, function or operational unit. Ensure consistency and reports on compliance and risk issues to management. Assesses documentation of business controls and other related compliance issues to ensure there are accurate and easily understood by audit and/or external regulatory agencies. Consults in the design and implementation of remediation efforts as needed. Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, or Accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of standard compliance concepts, practices, policies and related state and federal laws.
- Detail orientated and strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication, presentation and facilitation skills; proven ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced compliance consultants and analysts.
- Master’s degree.
- Experience in the financial services industry within audit or compliance.
- Prior supervisory or management experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf