The position is for a person with experience in leading business intelligence projects including experience in leading cloud and Bigdata projects. This role involves collaborating with Core Cloud team to define foundational data services in cloud and or developing and executing the Cloud migration strategy for SunTrust’s Data and Analytics environment. . Candidates should have a good mix of Technical, project management skills, business development skills, product management skills, software development processes and knowledge of cloud, data analytics and business intelligence project execution. The position will serve as a bridge between the head of the Enterprise cloud program and the EDO Data Delivery teams.
The role also involves working closely with the API and Bots process automation teams to help enable API processes for Data and integrate Bots automation to the Target state Data Architecture.
- Develop and refine the operational model for cloud migration and development in the EDO data delivery.
- Defines, refines and evolves the delivery method, models and practices used to build Data and analytics solutions on the cloud.
- Understands and translates business needs into project and team objectives.
- Leads and manages projects to include defining scope and objectives, develops work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports.
- Builds future state Analytics solutions on the Big Data Platform on the cloud and ensures that the solutions are supportable in a production environment to include overseeing the build out of all software and infrastructure needed to enable analytics communities on the cloud.
- Perform tasks associated with system or technology development and implementation.
- In partnership with delivery Managers , plans and executes organizational change management activities across all groups (analytics, BIOs, EIS) impacted through the cloud program as it evolves.
- Works closely with the enterprise cloud program team to collaborate development of foundational services for Data and develop the migration plan of the existing on-prem assets
- Conducts advanced analysis and evaluation; assists in the system / technology design process.
- Manages data Migration to cloud and work closely with larger impacted team across analytics, DO and EIS delivery teams.
- Monitors progress of the team relative to established objectives and priorities.
- Manages the integration of vendor activities and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables.
- Possesses knowledge of tools used by the Data and analytics community.
- Assists business leaders in understanding IT processes and restrictions related to analytics in a big data environment.
- Assists with systems / technology upgrades.
- Self-directed and self-starter work ethic.
- Sharp, inquisitive, reliable, and professional.
- Good technical experience in the Cloud, Data and Analytics space
- Process oriented, but adaptive to changing needs and requirements.
- Skilled at identifying and analyzing information or problems to reach the optimum solution for a defined situation.
- Demonstrates logical approach to solving problems and decision making and seeks other resources to define solutions as needed.
- Gathers facts and information needed to make appropriate decisions or solve simple problems impacting own work environment.
- Has ability to define user and technical requirements, develop technical specifications, test plans, and design the appropriate solution.
- Ability to develop and deliver appropriate solutions that support the business.
- Has ability to conduct technical training and related documentation / procedures that enables a product to be utilized by the business and technical user community.
- Has ability to ensure that a system or technology meets ongoing user requirements by upgrading, enhancing and supporting it to ensure an error free production environment. Recognizes and communicates potential system problems/risks.
- Has ability to make recommendations for test, development, and production environments.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Information Systems, IT related discipline, Engineering or Mathematics.
- Experience in large scale project management.
- Experience in process oriented delivery methods and models.
- Strong cross-functional technical & business communication skills.
- Experience in matrix management and organization influence and change.
- Experience leading distributed technical teams while carrying the accountability of the work product delivery.
- Understands requirements and create conceptual design.
- 5+ years of project management experience
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- 5+ years cumulative experience across these areas:
- 2-3+ years’ experience in Analytics development within a large, shared service based IT organization.
- 1- 2-years of experience with cloud migration/development.
- 2-3+ years of experience with relational and BI Data warehouse database systems design and development.
Preferred skills and qualifications:
- Master Degree Computer Information systems or Mathematics.
- AWS certification
- SAS/Cognos/Qlickview expertise.
- Relational database administration or development experience.
- SharePoint services or portal experience.
- Hadoop, big data technology experience.
- Experience building, sizing and managing tools across Big Data infrastructure.
- Experience running, modeling and driving analytics in a Big Data environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf