This position is responsible for oversight of the department’s financials and executive level updates regarding financial and business planning. Position is also responsible for guidance and oversight of Project Management discipline to ensure adherence to company standards.
Manages the most complex projects independently that cross multiple divisions, states and/or are corporate-wide initiatives. Acts as a change catalyst. Responsible for setting project priorities, establishing goals and strategies. Responsible for project results. May negotiate with outside vendors and interact with and be able to influence, senior management. May manage or provide guidance to other team members.
Work with assigned business areas to perform the following functions:
- Perform Ad-Hoc financial reporting for project and general ledger financials
- Provide insight into resource spend and allocations to invest vs. operate initiatives
- Guide project management team to ensure compliance to governance and reporting standards
- Work closely with vendors to understand professional services being provided and the associated work efforts.
- Assist in annual planning efforts to help build future project portfolios and ensure adequate funding
- Develop business cases and financial forecasts for key projects and initiatives within the department
- Build high level reporting decks for communication to executives and project stakeholders
- Analyze large data sets and package findings into clear communications
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and use at an advance level
- Experience in both waterfall and agile methodologies for project delivery
- Familiar with key documentation requirement for projects
- Capable of leading meetings on un-familiar topics to gain insight and drive progress
- Develops and presents statistical availability and trend analysis and recommendations to IT and business leaders, as needed
- Assists business leaders in understanding IT processes and restrictions
- Partners with others within IT and the business on the execution of delivery projects from conception through implementation
- Ability to exercise judgment in solving technical, operational, and organizational challenges in the context of business objectives and priorities
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related business discipline. Knowledge in software development practices and information systems and ability to apply that knowledge in practice. Ability to manage competing priorities. Ability to solve problems in straightforward situations by analyzing possible solutions using experience, judgment and precedents. Experience participating in IT projects. Ability to communicate complex information in straightforward situations.
Preferred Requirements: Bachelor's degree and 3 years of experience. 2-5 years of experience in project controlling or project/portfolio management. Banking or financial services experience. Corporate and Investment Banking / Capital Markets experience. Technical proficiency in one or more of the following; hardware/software, client server hardware/software, hardware/software deployment, application development, change management.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf