This position is a multi-level position (SunTrust compensation grades 46, 47 or 48). The successful candidate will be placed in the level which best fits his/her skill set and experience.
Real Estate Valuation Services (REVAL) team are responsible for administering commercial real estate valuation and environmental assessment for the commercial real estate lending function of supported LOBs. Formulates and implements policy to protect the quality of the Bank's real estate portfolio and to maintain compliance with requirements of the regulatory agencies.
Orders and reviews real estate appraisals.
Prepares/reviews/approves real estate evaluations.
Orders and reviews environmental assessments.
Provides relevant consultation services to internal customers.
Order appraisals of commercial and residential real estate, and/or environmental reports, for Bank personnel.
Understand a moderately high level of complexity of real estate taken as collateral by the Bank.
Must be able to advise Bank personnel on matters of type of appraisal, types of values needed, required valuation scenarios, and/or environmental reports.
Must be able to communicate requirements to external fee appraisers, and external environmental engineering firms, and know which service providers are most appropriate for a particular assignment.
Perform technical or compliance reviews of commercial and residential real estate appraisals, and/or environmental reports for compliance with law and policy, and for reasonableness and quality.
Can competently understand and review moderately high, real estate taken as collateral by the Bank.
Modify values in appraisals, if qualified, when warranted and support the decision to do so according to USPAP and FIRREA requirements.
Perform moderately high level of complexity internal evaluations/validations.
Consult with Bank personnel on all matters of real estate valuation, market data, and/or environmental risk assessment.
Work with junior REVAL staff in providing guidance and assistance.
- Must have experience with appraising / valuation of senior housing property types; e.g. assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing, continuing care retirement communities (CCRC), hospitals, and medical facilities.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline or an equivalent combination of education or relevant work related experience.
- Real estate appraiser license or equivalent for environmental work.
- Bank review experience
- 3 years experience as a fee appraiser, bank review appraiser, or relevant real estate or comparable analytical experience.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the practical aspects of real estate appraisal, and/or environmental risk assessment.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of regulations affecting the appraisal industry to include USPAP and FIRREA.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of governmental regulations affecting the bank appraisal function.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf