Drive the strategic vision of the enterprise through the integration of IT architecture solutions. Helps lead teams supporting the most complex enterprise-wide architectural projects/initiatives. Sets strategy and direction of multiple and diverse application/data/network disciplines on a variety of multi-platform systems. Develops company business system architecture plans and reviews cost and feasibility of system requests while ensuring the plan supports the strategic needs of the company.
Focuses on platform and system architecture elements enterprise-wide. Participates in the development of enterprise private & enterprise public cloud (AWS) architecture standards. Translates business requirements into specific solutions, platform, application or process designs in the context of highly complex projects involving multiple systems/applications. Applies advanced knowledge of the business and IT architecture principles to identify and evaluate alternative solutions. Leads the selection of methodologies, tools, and components of total IT solutions. Focuses on complex architectural strategy and direction of multiple and diverse application/data/network disciplines on a variety of multi-platform systems. Typically leads moderately complex projects and participates in larger, more complex initiatives. Solves complex technical and operational problems. Acts as a resource for teammates with less experience. May have people management responsibilities for a small team.
Experience as the lead technologist/architect for a major product or service. Experience transforming and migrating on-prem enterprise custom developed and COTS applications to AWS Public Cloud. Repeated success leading architecturally significant projects from inception through launch, including communicating with business stakeholders, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, and produce technical designs. Demonstrated expertise in platform-level design, and experience with web services and service oriented architecturesQualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of experience in systems programming, architecture, engineering or administration or an equivalent combination of education and work experience, including at least 2 years of management experience.
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of banking and financial services, including the competitive environment, regulatory requirements and trends, and IT strategies employed to continually meet the demands of clients and regulators.
- Ability to translate business strategies and emerging external trends to organizational and operational tactics.
- Ability to solve unique and highly complex technical, operational, and organizational problems.
- Ability to lead and manage the performance of multiple teams against a set of financial and operational objectives.
- Ability to influence and negotiate with senior leaders.
- Master’s degree or MBA and 15 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience, including 5 years of management experience.
- Banking or financial services experience.
- Experience in leading large-scale complex projects from beginning to end.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf