Responsible for the implementation and administration of compliance programs. Ensures applicable laws and regulations are met by transactional testing and reviews of business units and related technologies and processes. Evaluates compliance adherence through analyzing data and reporting results, risks and trends to management. Reviews filings or reports to regulatory agencies. Depending on level, performs activities such as; administrative duties, review filings, revise, evaluate, and communicate procedures, analyze technology applications, and advise business units on applicable regulatory requirements and any necessary remediation.
Plans, executes and manages projects to evaluate regulatory compliance in assigned areas. Monitors and reviews policies, standards and procedures and provides advice on compliance with government guidelines and regulatory requirements. Identifies areas of opportunity for process, control, or cost improvement. Act as a liaison with internal business units and external agencies to assess compliance, risk, and security issues. Identify and recommend resolutions. Provides training to less experienced analysts. May be responsible for a specific program/function.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated broad knowledge of legal and organizational matters and the ability to apply knowledge to issues of all levels of complexity
- Ability to organize, direct and perform highly complex analysis
- Demonstrated ability to interpret laws and regulations
- Advanced PC, communication, leadership, facilitation, and presentation skills
- 5 years experience in the combined field of compliance, risk and project management
- Understanding of and experience with 2 or more regulations related to assigned LOB or function (e.g. Investment Banking, Brokerage, HR Employment law, Banking Regs., Technology Security, and Community Development etc.)
- 7 years compliance experience in banking or financial service industry experience and certifications relative to specific area of concentration
- Understanding of different technologies used in the financial service industry
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf