Drives the strategic vision of the enterprise through the integration of IT architecture solutions. Leads teams supporting the most complex enterprise-wide architectural projects/initiatives. Sets strategy and direction of multiple and diverse application/data/network disciplines on a variety of multi-platform systems. Develops company business system architecture plans and reviews cost and feasibility of system requests while ensuring the plan supports the strategic needs of the company.
Focuses on platform and system architecture elements enterprise-wide. Participates in the development of enterprise & enterprise public cloud (AWS) architecture standards. Translates business requirements into specific solutions, platform, application or process designs in the context of highly complex projects involving multiple systems/applications. Applies advanced knowledge of the business and IT architecture principles to identify and evaluate alternative solutions. Leads the selection of methodologies, tools, and components of total IT solutions. Focuses on complex architectural strategy and direction of multiple and diverse application/data/network disciplines on a variety of multi-platform systems. Typically leads moderately complex projects and participates in larger, more complex initiatives. Solves complex technical and operational problems. Acts as a resource for teammates with less experience. May have people management responsibilities for a small team.
Experience as the lead technologist/architect for a major product or service. Experience transforming and migrating on-prem enterprise custom developed and COTS applications to AWS Public Cloud. Repeated success leading architecturally significant projects from inception through launch, including communicating with business stakeholders, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, and produce technical designs. Demonstrated expertise in platform-level design, and experience with web services and service oriented architecturesQualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of experience in Enterprise platforms with a focus on engineering, architecture or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- In-depth knowledge in information systems and ability to identify, apply, and implement best practices.
- Understanding of key business processes and competitive strategies related to the IT function. Ability to plan and manage projects.
- Ability to solve complex problems by applying best practices.
- Ability to provide direction and mentor less experienced teammates.
- Ability to interpret and convey complex, difficult, or sensitive information.
- Master’s degree or MBA and 8 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Banking or financial services experience.
- In an Agile environment: Knowledge of Agile development & release practices.
- Experience supporting a set of teams with architectural runway in a scaled agile environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf