The Senior Product Engineer understands the vision of a product from the point of view of the technical team, customer, end user and other key stakeholders. The Senior Product Engineer represents the “voice of the customer” by maintaining and prioritizing the backlog to ensure that the team is working on stories that maximize business value and deliver necessary fixes and functionality to all customers. This position is focused on internal infrastructure products including things like “containerization”, “virtualization” and “productionization” of public cloud capabilities. Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals.
- Drafts key objectives, strategies and apply the data for a product to make business decisions.
- Possesses a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies.
- Accountable for communicating the product needs with business partners.
- Collaborates with stakeholders during the visioning and concept development of a product.
- Leads, manages and collaborates with cross-functional teams, business partners and stakeholder management for a product(s).
- Assesses value, develops cases, and prioritizes stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Performs cost-benefit assessments and provides technical advice on large, difficult, or strategic vendor negotiations.
- Collaborates with the project/support team to estimate costs and technical requirements of modifying, configuring, and installing information systems products to meet business needs.
- Prepares complex flow charts, models, and procedures and conducts feasibility studies to design possible system solutions.
- May prepare and maintain technical documentation to guide system users and to assist with the ongoing operation, maintenance and development of the system.
- Typically leads moderately complex projects and participates in larger, more complex initiatives.
- Solves complex technical and operational problems.
- Acts as a resource for teammates with less experience.
- May have people management responsibilities for a small team.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience in systems engineering or administration or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- In-depth knowledge in information systems and ability to identify, apply, and implement best practices.
- Understanding of key business processes and competitive strategies related to the IT function.
- Ability to plan and manage projects.
- Ability to solve complex problems by applying best practices.
- Ability to provide direction and mentor less experienced teammates.
- Ability to interpret and convey complex, difficult, or sensitive information.
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Banking or financial services experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf