This role is a Workstream Leader who leads a team of Product Managers and Product Owners responsible for defining the strategic roadmap for Digital properties and delivering the tactical execution of those plans to drive effective outcomes for the company and evolve the customer experience. Under the Leader’s guidance, the team will be required to balance Business, Technology and Design priorities to deliver brand-defining digital product and service experiences. Leader should ensure that all development activities provide seamless, differentiated and positive customer experiences, while meeting defined success metrics which support company objectives.
The position requires the ability to think strategically and to shift into details to assist team in overcoming roadblocks as needed.
Taking a holistic perspective, you will be responsible for leading your team in evolving the experience within your area of responsibility across all pieces of the digital ecosystem.
- Lead team to deliver world-class digital experiences for financial industry products; from opportunity identification through tactical execution using Agile processes
- Experience in Digital Payments, Transfers, Deposits and Advances or E-Document Presentment in the Financial Services arena a plus
- Challenge, where needed, thought processes and established ways of doing business within Valuestream and Enterprise to drive innovation, while balancing risk.
- Lead team through continuous change curves in an Agile environment
- Role will require broad cross-functional collaboration and integration to be successful. Leader must work with many cross-functional teams and leaders (Business and IT) to gain buy-in and approval for digital roadmaps and vision.
- Ensure alignment between team and larger business stakeholders on strategic objectives and timelines; influence and partner with internal and external partners to drive digital and total enterprise value
- Ensure journey strategies within area of responsibility were developed with a client-first mindset and that roadmap elements were determined with a data-driven approach
- Partner with other Workstream and Delivery Leaders to overcome prioritization, capacity or design challenges for the ValueStream
- Anticipate bottlenecks, make trade-offs, balance the business needs versus technical and operational constraints while continuously improving the customer experience.
- Prioritize and manage multiple journey work streams to ensure viable experiences are built; manage a consolidated roadmap for area of responsibility to articulate that vision
- Synthesize customer insights and ask key questions to inform the shape of digital experiences and roadmaps
- Ensure end-to-end quality and performance (functional and non-functional) of all aspects of digital initiatives
- Use critical communication skills and business reporting effectively, both verbally and on paper, to support business needs
- Be the subject matter expert with respect to the competition, industry trends, technological advances, and changing client needs. Demonstrate thought leadership and champion the experience vision across the company.
- Update leadership on workstream roadmap including dependencies impacting deliverables along with recommended solutions.
- Possess understanding of the P&L, with ability to tie digital engagement/effectiveness to budgeted outcomes to achieve objectives.
- Oversee the scoping for new digital experience concepts including developing business cases, identifying key metrics and ensuring ability to measure success post-implementation.
- Manage and service as SME on success metrics for assigned workstream to ensure project goals/efficiencies are achieved; make adjustments to plans where needed to drive results.
- Partner with ValueStream Leader and ValueStream Engineer to manage flow of work; providing direction and guidance to team; core to the role is clearly balancing competing needs to determine final priority
- BA/BS required or equivalently-related professional experience; MBA preferred
- 10+ years of technology/software product development or software development; digital experience strongly preferred
- 5+ years of experience partnering with multiple groups (IT, Marketing) to define and execute on a roadmap.
- 10+ years of experience in roles requiring strong communication and interpersonal skills & the creation and delivery of succinct executive-level presentations.
- 5+ years of experience in team building and leadership involving direct, indirect, and non-reports with proven ability to work in a matrix team environment and demonstrate thought leadership and ability to influence where no direct line of control exists.
- 10+ years of experience in roles which require initiative to drive projects, tenacity to delivery results in a complex environment, and the ability to manage across many projects.
- Experience with processes and tools supporting Agile methodologies; 2+ years desired
- Comfort managing teams with disparate deliverables in a fast-based, results-driven environment
- Equal enthusiasm for strategic planning and overcoming roadblocks in tactical daily execution
- Strong analytical skills, ability to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and recommend action plans to resolve issues
- Experience defining and driving the vision of journey-based programs and/or partnership-based programs
- Strategic thinker able to define and evaluate alternatives, and translate goals into specific deliverables
- Experience using quantitative skills with the ability to link product design and features to strategic objectives while using hard data and metrics to substantiate assumptions and recommendations
- Experience partnering with multiple groups (IT, Marketing, Customer Service) to define and execute on a roadmap.
- Experience in roles which require initiative to drive projects, tenacity to delivery results in a complex environment, and the ability to lead across many projects
- Strong attention to detail in both technical and non-technical capacity.
- Excellent skills in presentation, facilitation, communication, and negotiation
- Articulate, persuasive, and comfortable interacting with all levels of people
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf