Play a Key Role
Get ready to play a key role in assisting SunTrust Audit Services (SAS) perform its internal audit activities effectively and efficiently. This up to 20-week program includes extensive on-the-job training and ongoing opportunities where you can gain practical experience while applying your analytical skills.
Intern assignments are planned from September to December, January to May, and June to August. At the start of the program, you will be assigned to the Professional Practices and Reporting & Technology Group where you will have a designated mentor who will give you professional guidance. Interns should expect to work 20 to 35 hours per week, but schedules may be adjusted based on student availability and specific project needs.
• Learn about the financial services industry and the important role of Professional Practices and Reporting & Technology Group within SAS
• Gain valuable professional development and collaborative team skills
• Build on technical knowledge and analytical abilities
• A great opportunity to be exposed to SAS and learn about a full-time career in internal audit upon graduation
A Great Place to Work
Welcome to SunTrust, where we are driven by purpose and a personal touch. We are passionate about Lighting the Way to Financial Well-Being by helping clients, teammates and communities achieve financial confidence. That’s why we launched the onUp Movement—to inspire everyone to take a step toward financial confidence.
Our OneTeam mindset and strong entrepreneurial spirit foster constant interaction between our most senior professionals and teammates at all levels. Enjoy a dynamic, collaborative work environment that encourages and rewards you for taking an active role in helping our clients consistently achieve their goals.
Founded more than 100 years ago, we are one of the top 10 banks in the United States and pride ourselves on the career development of our employees. We offer large firm capabilities in a small firm culture and deeply value our vibrant workplace that reflects the richness and diversity of the many communities we serve, where each and every professional is recognized as a core contributor to our clients’ success.Qualifications
- BS/BA degree students (accounting, finance, information technology and/or information systems audit and control concentrations preferred)
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or above
- Strong client service and analytical aptitude, solid interest in learning about internal audit, accounting and finance
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills
- Superior written and oral communication abilities
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf