Monitors technology risk management activities related to compliance with operational and technology risk framework and guidelines.
Provides thought leadership and expertise in technology risk management practices and subject matter knowledge.
Develops practical solutions to implement operational and technology controls and risk management activities.
Identifies cross-segment solutions and collaborates across multiple areas to identify effective and practical controls and risk management techniques.
Conducts risk and control assessments on a regular basis to ensure area of coverage meets corporate standards that specifically relate to internal operating and technical controls.
Makes recommendations for the update of control, policy, procedures, and risk/control documentation.
Develop project plans, determine scope, lead projects, and verify deliverables with stakeholders.
Interpret results and present findings and recommendations.
Assist with knowledge transfer of resources and processes to other Risk teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, or Accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 12 years of work experience including audit, operations, process engineering or risk management.
- Solid knowledge of SOX and other industry-related regulatory requirements, and operational risk concepts.
- Strong Professional communications both written and verbal, presentation skills and relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and influencing skills.
- MBA or advanced degree; Consulting experience at a corporate level, Professional certification or license.
- Risk management experience.
- Knowledge of related industry or division.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to work within a matrix organization.
- Experience in the financial services industry.
- Technology and data risk experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf