The Financial Accountant - Control Analyst will oversee the transition to new lease accounting rules and to provide the primary point of contact with internal and external auditors and risk management on key internal controls applicable to Corporate Real Estate Workplace and Aviation.
The Financial Accountant - Control Analyst will address new requirements for Lease Accounting changes and IWMS transition; handle increased SOX control responsibilities in several areas.
This is a primary accounting role in transition to new lease accounting rules; new Tririga lease system. Active role in evaluating and testing Tririga system during transition; formulation of report design and content; developing procedures around balance sheet accounting. Report to Controller; ongoing participation requirements set by IWMS team
- Evaluation of new leases to determine key accounting attributes. Lease information will be provided for each new transaction; requires determinations on lease classification, accounting term of lease, and rent leveling schedule preparation. Policy matters set by Controller; workflow from Sharepoint system
- Primary interface with ORM/ SAS on risk and related reporting and evidence requests. Will respond to PPM update requests, SAS and ORM sample review requests; periodic updates to policies and procedures.
- ST Plaza financial statement monthly review, including upload controls. Review of monthly balance sheet and income statement postings from large subsidiary unit.
- Aviation allocations, Reg W reporting- oversee reporting requirements for Aviation on flight utilization and allocations to business segments. Primary liaison with Reg W dept.
- Supporting review of OREO property reports, including validation of data and coordination of reporting with CREW counterparts.
Typically requires an MBA or CPA with 3 or more years of related experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf