The EIS Accountant is responsible for the integrity of the financial records for EIS, the improvement and completion of SOX related controls and testing, and the collection of data for the reporting and for the development of modeled forecasting approaches.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Month end close including centralized accruals for:GR resources, PSO expenses and Fixed Bid contract labor and other â€œto be developedâ€ centralized accruals
- Journal entries
- Collection of cost center and account level data that supports the balances recorded in each cost center and account combination to facilitate:Control over account level information
- Reporting of cost center and account level data
- Forecasting of account level balances
- Access to and reporting of balance sheet account information including:Prepaid expenses & fixed assets
- Completion of transactions related to prepaid expenses and fixed assets
- Payroll reporting for FPA group and to facilitate automated forecasting approaches
- SOX controls related to G/L accounts
- PPM related updates
- Documentation of procedures and training materials
- Assist with development of automated forecasting models and methods
- Expertise and business experience in decision-making regarding accounting and financial matters or combination of degree in accounting or finance and 8 years related work experience.
- Expertise with common financial or accounting software tools, such as Excel, G/L systems, Crystal reports, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf