Work with Deal Team, Transaction Management, Closing Group and/or in-house counsel in closing transactions for both agency and non-agency loan platforms. Assist with closing, funding, delivery, and post-closing loan servicing matters and borrower requests. Maintain/Oversee the CLOSER system and/or closing folders to ensure all loan/transaction information is properly recorded and all required documents are updated as needed posted/saved to the system.
Assist other Closers in closing transactions for both agency and non-agency loan platforms. Engage insurance and zoning reviews, order flood certificates and coordinate the post-closing deliveries to the applicable agency investors. Assist in-house legal counsel with closing, funding, delivery and assumption processes of multifamily and healthcare FHA insured loans, with a special emphasis on document production and transmittals.
- Coordinate with outside deal counsel for the post-closing delivery review and process. Assist Closing Officers and/or legal counsel with additional steps in the Closing Process and Procedures as needed, loan servicing requests and assumptions, and related document production.
- Assist in-house counsel and any outside deal counsel on all closings (a) with production of closing checklists/documentation and/or transmitting underwriting documentation to any outside deal counsel; (b) with collecting/compiling/submitting all required documents and items from borrower and other parties; and (c) conducting quality control check on specified loan documents.
- Assist Closer, Servicing and Securitization, and/or legal counsel with any necessary post-closing duties, including compiling and reviewing for completeness all binders/documents and generating closing transmittals to all parties.
- Engage and follow up on insurance, zoning, and permit/approval reviews conducted by outside consultants and to collect original recordings/filings.
- Prepare documentation for warehouse lender or internal treasury department and coordinate closing documents for routing to Servicing Department and prepare servicing reports.
- Undergraduate degree
- Some proven business experience and/or experience in real estate or legal document production.
- Demonstrate solid verbal and written communication skills, planning, organization and interpersonal skills
- Display attention to detail with ability to work accurately and efficiently under tight time frames
- Function in a team-oriented setting while demonstrating ability to work well on own and exhibit initiative.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office with knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel
- Eligible to manage or perform loan origination or servicing functions under Mortgage Investor or government agency guideline requirements
- 1-2 years of relevant business experience within commercial real estate or the equivalent.
- Experience in the mortgage banking industry.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf