Responsible for contacting installment loan/line customers with problematic accounts (e.g., past due, overdraw, charged off) to maximize net value and minimize losses. Researches account history to determine actions needed for bringing accounts into current status. (e.g. determine if right-of-offset collection opportunity exists.)
Duties may include inbound or outbound calls, data input into tracking systems, performance of skip tracing functions, paperwork completion, payment negotiation and recommendations for account repossession, or legal action. May respond in writing to customer disputes received from collection agencies, reporting agencies, and credit bureaus.
Ensures bank collection policies and procedures are followed.
Primarily services calls of moderate complexity to negotiate payment arrangement. Completes account research and responds to inquiries.
The hours for this position are 1:00 - 10:00pm and involves rotating Saturday shifts.Qualifications
- High school degree or equivalent
- Intermediate role (1-3+ years in a call center, collections, or client-facing customer service experience position)
- Moderate knowledge of financial products to include checking accounts, credits cards and loans
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Strong PC Skills
- Associates / College Degree
- 3+ years call center or collections experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf