Work Address :
33 Bloomfield Hills Pkwy., Ste. 125
Job Description :
This position serves as primary contact for the borrower and Lender/Investor on all loan related matters within the Investor Services Group, a function of Cohen Financial, a division of SunTrust. Deliver the highest level of service to lenders/investors, borrowers, vendors and internal business units while ensuring compliance with servicing agreements, government regulations and/or Company policies.
- Due to the complexity, diverse structure and daily requirements of assigned portfolio, serve as the primary contact for Borrower and Lender/Investor and deliver the frequent high touch customer service environment critical to success
- Assigned loan portfolios will have a higher proportion of complex loan terms and cash flows including complex loan terms, mezzanine debt, equity partnerships, etc.
- Monitor assigned loans to ensure compliance with loan servicing agreements, loan documentation and Lender/Investor instruction.
- Perform quality control review (QC) for new and seasoned loans on the Loan Servicing System, including loan modifications and ensure appropriate documentation in system and loan file
- Monitor, research or instruct payment processing for borrower payments, disbursements, fees, and other miscellaneous items for assigned loans and collect appropriate fees due lender or servicer
- Work with the property tax specialists, tax service vendors or taxing authorities. Perform insurance administration, monitor UCC’s and Letters of Credit for renewal/extension provisions. Prepare lender/investor certifications (Tax, Insurance, UCC, etc.) as required
- Review and disburse reserve escrow draw requests in coordination with other service team members and lenders/investors.
- Perform payoff quotes and related calculations including prepayment calculations. These activities may involve repo line lenders, mezzanine or senior debt lenders and other stakeholders due to complexity of the financing.
- 4 year degree in business, real estate, finance, accounting or related field OR 5-10 years professional experience in a comparable industry role
- Strong written, verbal and customer service skills
- Ability to perform complex loan/financial calculations such as loan payment amounts, amortization schedules, payoff quotes.
- Demonstrated ability to work with employees and customers at all levels within an organization as well as in a team environment
- Strong PC skills, including a demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Possess the ability to work accurately and efficiently under time constraints
- Strong organization, planning, prioritization and detail orientation skills
- Excellent time management skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task, follow through on commitments, meet deadlines and drive results
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast-paced, rapidly changing business environment which requires a flexible and adaptable style
- Eligible to manage or perform loan origination or servicing functions under Mortgage Investor or government agency guideline requirements
- 4 year degree in business, real estate, finance, accounting or related field AND 10+ years prior commercial real estate loan servicing experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience and ability to create reconciliations and financial calculations without the use of existing templates
- 10+ years commercial real estate loan servicing experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf