The Enterprise Agile Coach will drive the adoption of Agile at an Enterprise level. The Enterprise Agile Coach works at all levels of the organization to drive the use of Agile as a strategic asset of culture change and business value generation. The Enterprise Agile Coach is outcomes focused, and demonstrates and speaks to how certain Agile practices drive valuable business results. The Enterprise Agile Coach provides strategic leadership and guidance to the establishment of Programs, Portfolios, and Value Streams to optimize org/team structure, position teams for success, and identify organizational impediments to a successful transformation and work with the Agile Center of Excellence to create strategies to overcome them. Stands up Release Trains and Value Streams by driving the mobilization of new Agile Release Trains and Value streams. Coaches & mentors new Release Train Engineers and Value Stream Engineers, as well as counsel the governing pods to help them develop Agile behaviors and mindset, and help them create high performing Release Trains and Value Streams. Coaches and mentors Agile delivery teams, their coaches, stakeholders, and leaders to help them adopt the mindset and practices needed to transform the organization.
The Enterprise Agile Coach is an expert in lean/Agile practices and one or more knowledge domains (i.e. technical, business, transformation) while having developed skill in facilitation, mentoring, training, and professional coaching. The Enterprise Agile Coach’s purview is multi-team and looking out toward the wider organization. Integrates business solutions for complex operational problems through application of a broad understanding of how the organization operates. Experienced subject matter expert in facilitation, mentoring, training, and professional coaching. May be called upon to solve and coach to highly technical, complex problems. May be called on to consult for other initiatives. Provides informal leadership to others and serves as a resource on complex solutions.QualificationsMinimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Relevant business process improvement, facilitation, and project management skills within the banking or financial services industry.
- 10 years progressive experience, including 5 years experience in process-related roles and 3 years banking or other financial services experience.
- 5 years of people leadership experience on a project basis.
- Ability to interpret business, technology and architectural requirements and translate into enterprise wide initiatives.
- Strong project leadership skills.
- Skills and experience in leading and managing process assessment (documenting as-is) and process analysis (identifying improvement opportunities and defining future state).
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong skills in Visio along with other MS Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work through people to get things done especially when dealing with executive level leadership.
- Strong skills and experience in issue resolution and managing to stringent timelines for project deliverables.
- Ability to involve and encourage others to explore ways to be part of the change process.
- Actively facilitate the implementation and acceptance of new processes or procedures in the workplace.
- Develop, coach and mentor team members and encourage them to take risks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education.
- 2+ years in Agile coaching role in various organizations. 5+ years in a delivery role, whether Waterfall or Agile (Scrum Master, Project Manager, Technology Lead, Business Lead, Product Owner, Solution Architect, etc.)
- Broad range of experience coaching different types of agile teams (offshore/onshore, technical/non-technical, coaching 2+ teams at a time).
- Experience in creating Agile training/workshop material.
- Proven experience in the use of scaling methods such as SAFe, LESS, or industry equivalents.
- At least 1-2 Agile certifications such as Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP), Certified or Professional Scrum Trainer (CST, PST), Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC), Associate or Professional Certified Coach (ACC, PCC), SAFe Program Consultant (SPC), or SAFe Program Consultant Trainer (SPCT).
- Working knowledge of personal computers and common business applications, such as Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and various web browsers. Verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior Kanban experience. One or more SAFe certifications.
- Prior DevOps experience (experience with automation, CI/CD, familiarity with tool stacks, etc.)
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf