Configures, implements, and maintains information systems/applications. Partners with business leaders on research, design, build, configuration and operation of niche platforms (e.g. Financial Systems, Risk Systems, Sales Tracking Systems). Conducts research and administers the changes and/or updates to the software. Oversees the implementation of software, which may be internally developed or purchased from a third party. May use subject matter or functional expertise to create test cases, kick off technology business processes, and other technology configuration activities.
Job Level: Career-level professional job that applies in-depth knowledge within own professional discipline and a foundational understanding of concepts and principles of other related professional disciplines. Applies knowledge of best practices derived from experience and external networking to solve a range of complex technical and operational problems. Takes a new perspective on existing solutions to solve complex problems. Exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information. Leads small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements; plays significant roles in larger, more complex initiatives. Impacts a range of client, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams. Explains and interprets complex, difficult, or sensitive information. Acts as a resource for teammates with less experience. Works independently and receives minimal guidance. May have people management responsibilities for a small team.Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In-depth knowledge of principles, practices, theories, and/or methodologies associated with the professional discipline (e.g., information technology, project management, finance, risk management, etc.).
- Understands foundational concepts of other related professional disciplines.
- Experience managing small projects.
- Knowledge of the industry's competitive landscape and the factors that differentiate SunTrust and its competitors in the market.
- Ability to interpret and explain complex information to a range of audiences and build consensus among different stakeholders.
- Ability to provide direction and mentor less experienced teammates.
- Master's degree or MBA and 6 years of related experience.
- Previous experience in the banking industry.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf